Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

D4162T Diesel issue

Search this Thread

Old 20-10-2016, 09:48 AM
Richard3009
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D4162T Diesel issue

Ok so this engine is in a 2012 Volvo S40 but its the Ford diesel having real issues with it, basicly it cruises like driving into a head wind if you add some throttle it grunts powers through it but then flats out again, it jumps in and out of power sometimes it accelerates like a rocket and other times like a guttless tractor, pressing it really hard when it doesn't want to can sometimes put it into limp mode but never gives a code.
Tried a new MAF unplugging EGR makes no difference. Sometimes i get a loud ticking noise and that can sometimes disappear too. When i get full power its as sweet as a nut. Im guessing clogged injector any more offers as to what it could be. One more thing when it's down on power the fuel range readout starts to plunge it absolutely eats fuel at around 20mpg
Old 20-10-2016, 10:30 AM
tony66
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Default volvo

as with any modern car a good diagnostic session with decent equipment and probably some driving time with live data is the answer...anything else with a modern vehicle is purely guesswork i"m afraid..
Old 20-10-2016, 10:37 AM
Richard3009
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah can't afford to chase this one any more I'm afraid it's getting traded in, shame I would have liked to have gotten to the bottom of it but common sense says get shut, 3 different mechanics have failed to resolve it due to no codes.

Last edited by Richard3009; 20-10-2016 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Added a bit