Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

PLEASE help. Newbee here.

Search this Thread

Old 17-01-2016, 01:42 PM
jonrms
Virgin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PLEASE help. Newbee here.

I am no stranger to cars, Modifying etc. I know that the car I bought is good which is a Ford Puma 1998 model. R reg. However it has its faults. I know there is the common issue of the door light. I think found which switch.. the Drivers door. This will soon be fixed. But I am having a horrible time with Moisture!!!!!

I don't drive that often anymore. once a month maybe twice. And the last time I drove it the weather was nice and dry and before that it was dry. However Still due to the heavy rain here in Humberside area My front windscreen and rear hatch window are completely soaked... IE I am using a beach towel to clean and then a window cleaner to remove the marks. I ended up knocking off my rear view mirror yesterday during this. So I am now annoyed. Where is the water coming from if its STATIC!!!!! The floor is wet but I don't have puddles or anything like that under my car! The dash and door shows no water signs. I drive the car and there is no wind noise when all windows are sealed. Its ALOT of water so I need to resolve this quickly before it kills my car. Thanks in advance... and I know I am new to this forum but I am not new to forums as a general. I will dig and do research as well as asking this but every time I have done research it turns up things that are not applicable in my circumstances.
Old 17-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Piston Broke
PassionFord Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

check your drains are clean of leaves on the front end on the bulkhead
Old 17-01-2016, 07:27 PM
jonrms
Virgin

Originally Posted by Piston Broke
check your drains are clean of leaves on the front end on the bulkhead
Clean as a whistle. I worry its one of the common puma problems where there are gaps in the bulkhead.
Old 17-01-2016, 07:53 PM
STeve

Received 864 Likes on 692 Posts

I had a puma to break a few years back which did this and turned out it was leaking through hatch running down inner panels and sitting under carpet
The following users liked this post:
jonrms (18-01-2016)
Old 18-01-2016, 06:02 PM
jonrms
Virgin

Which inner panels and do you know if I can fix it? Its been on the ramp and clean from what I can see, I am going to under coat it *well have it under coated........ and I really want to sort this out.... not good and eventually will destroy the car.