Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

brake bias issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Red_bull
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake bias issue

Hello guys,

I have some brake issues and I have a trackday comming, so this issue needs to be sorted now, else I can't take this car.

I have rear brake upgraded to disks, the cosworth onces. Fronts also upgraded. As rears locked i bought an eBay proportional brake valve for the rear. I followed instructions of a dutch Guy and fitted it like this:

4 outs, two front, two rear, on master
Front two go to left and right front brakes
One back on master is blocked off and other back goes as single line away from the master cyl. Then the proportional valve is fitted. Out from PV to the back. T-piece and to the brakes.

First it seems to work. Later started locking. Didn't react as expected on adjustments, so contacted the company. Reaction it might be broken we send a new. New fitted exact same issue. The eBay company has good feedback and start to doubt my set up. I run a 22mm master cylinder

This is the one i use. Seems like compbrake also sells them

Did i do the mounting on the master wrong? Is the pressure out of the master equal on all 4. Do i create a problem by blocking one?
In the meanwhile I ordered a willwood as backup plan to fit if I really can’t get this set working!

Any feedback would be highly appriciated!
Old 06-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Red_bull
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh almost forgot. My handbrake cable was bad so one Side was stuck sometimes. Not fully on but a bit. How is the handbrake mechanism working? On oil? As then this might have cause pressure increase on the back? Tomorrow i will fit a new. Maybe short test on the brakes. Still without mot