Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Transit asm auto gearbox and glowplug lights flashing not igniting

Old 23-08-2015, 05:25 PM
van_dogg_pavvy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transit asm auto gearbox and glowplug lights flashing not igniting

I have a ford transit minibus 2.4 asm auto. at 1st it would get stuck in gear 2 and cut out when slowing down at this point the gearbox light was flashing. Then the van wouldnt let me select a gear on the dash and the lights were just flashing and making noises this didnt allow me to select neutral and start it, now the glow plug light is flashing and will not even turnover, so I took the batterys out to charge over night and reset the vans system and it then turned off the gearbox light and it allowed me to turn the van over but it wouldnt ignite, 10-15 mins later it went back to flashing lights and not allowing me to select a gear. this has really baffled me and a few mechanics already Im tempted to get an auto electrician out but before spending more money on it I wondered if you guys could help me diagnose the problem, AA man plugged his diagnostics in and it said there was no problems so forums are now my only option!
Old 02-09-2015, 01:43 PM
ossie cossie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Check out this website it has a few threads with the SAM box, http://fordtransit.org

I have one in my transit and it gives me issues sometimes, however for all its bugs it will stay an ASM cos it just so easy to drive.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:30 AM
Hodgey5
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have exactly the same problem

I have just got the exact same problem. there was starter grinding sound on accasion which could have been from the car clicking briefly in first gear while trying to start Then after a while flashing lights and not going into neutral started happening and what appears like no power. Did you find out the problem at all? Thanks Hodgey.

Originally Posted by van_dogg_pavvy
I have a ford transit minibus 2.4 asm auto. at 1st it would get stuck in gear 2 and cut out when slowing down at this point the gearbox light was flashing. Then the van wouldnt let me select a gear on the dash and the lights were just flashing and making noises this didnt allow me to select neutral and start it, now the glow plug light is flashing and will not even turnover, so I took the batterys out to charge over night and reset the vans system and it then turned off the gearbox light and it allowed me to turn the van over but it wouldnt ignite, 10-15 mins later it went back to flashing lights and not allowing me to select a gear. this has really baffled me and a few mechanics already Im tempted to get an auto electrician out but before spending more money on it I wondered if you guys could help me diagnose the problem, AA man plugged his diagnostics in and it said there was no problems so forums are now my only option!