Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Permanent 12v live only when the car is unlocked?

Search this Thread

Old 20-10-2014, 08:50 PM
De4n0
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Permanent 12v live only when the car is unlocked?

After a bit of help please guys and gals, I have a mk1 ford focus with smoothed doors that work with poppers, however the wiring is bothering me a bit, the doors will open both with a remote on a key fob and with buttons under the wing mirrors.
From wht I can figure, the autoloc system works with a perminant 12v live, so even when the doors are locked via my toad alarm the doors can still just pop open, I need to find a 12v live that is constantly live whilst the car is unlocked and cuts out when the car is locked.

My best bet I thought would be my interior light but that is on a timer relay and will cut out after a while which would be good as a security feature but no good if I accidentally left my keys in the car.

I'm thinking I'll wiring a relay to the interior light to power the remote fob and let it give me the length of time that the interior lights stay on to pop the doors with the fob but need the door buttons to be live for as long as the car is unlocked. Maybe a type of interior light relay that has a permanent live instead of dimming out?

Does any of that make sense? Haha.

Thanks, dean.

Last edited by De4n0; 20-10-2014 at 08:52 PM.