Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

help needed! stu@motorsportdevelopments?

Search this Thread

Old 28-07-2014, 09:40 AM
cavvyt
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed! stu@motorsportdevelopments?

Am I right in thinking you did a write up on Bosch ke jetronic system? I hope so as I need advice on this from someone with in-depth technical knowledge! I've just finished my bare shell restoration on my series 2 rs turbo and tried firing the engine up. Wouldn't fire. Got sparks, fuel pump running and priming. No fuel at injectors. Cracked banjo at fuel filter outlet and pressure regulator and there's full pressure there but only dribbles out of top of distributor (outlets for injectors). Checked voltage with ignition on at the plug for the fuel pressure actuator, but no voltage? Hot wired the plug with 12v and she started, smoked and started running rough due to 12v still being fed so took off the 12v hotwire and it died, then tried to start again without the hot wire and she fired and eventually ticked over ok and ran fine but still struggles to start when it's switched off then started again so I'm guessing there's a problem lol. Do you know what feeds that plug and what voltage it should read with ignition on and running? I cannot find any info on line about this. I have tried another fuel ecu but it makes no difference and also changed the thermo time switch and temp sensor. Any info would be appreciated as I need it running to get it set up. alternatively I could be cheeky and ask for your number to chat about it? I'm clueless as to where to go from here as its a bit past my technical knowledge!

thanks aidan

Last edited by cavvyt; 28-07-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old 31-07-2014, 03:56 PM
opposite lock
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can find it here.
http://www.motorsport-developments.c...AF268_tech.pdf

quite intersting read actually. It does mention about a wire from the fuel pump relay feeding the regulator ?

Last edited by opposite lock; 31-07-2014 at 04:26 PM.