Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Focus 02 1.6 petrol starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 27-03-2014, 12:42 PM
hully75
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focus 02 1.6 petrol starting problems

Hello I'm new on here but could do with a bit of advice if someone can help.
Got this focus 1.6 petrol and its starting to rear ugly head problems. A few month back was driving fine got to work as normal parked it up for day at end of day got in to go home cranking but won't fire. Tried this a few times still no joy went home carless. Next day at work tried to start first thing no joy, during dinner investigated prided poked around tightened thing that appeared to be loose tried to fire up no joy.
Loosened dizzy to see how awkward for quick replace but ran out of dinner break on the of chance I'd miraculassy fixed the problem I tried to fire it up an it fired up.
It's been running fine till yesterday morning when I jumped in it to go to work turn key cranking but no fire, bollox fone in get day off investigate as before same tricks but still nothing.
Go on net have a look at other possibilities no joy, noticed a. Comment someone put about removing exhaust sensor thought why not an it fired up straight away.
Cleaned soot off sprayed wd40 on it to clean it a bit put it back fired up straight away.
Problem solved!!!! No chance went to take my lad home car won't start did same trick remove exhaust sensor no joy clean it up no joy use wd40 no joy.
Tried to fire it up this morning no luck.
Any suggestions would be well appreciated.