Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

p0087 fault code ford focus 1.6tdci

Old 02-02-2014, 02:19 AM
shelliebaby85
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0087 fault code ford focus 1.6tdci

Help!!!!!

Ive had loads of problems with my car lately. Cut a long story short the powertrain malfunction light keeps coming up on the dash (red light with exclamation mark inside a cog). Keeps going into limp mode.

So far i have had the egr valve changed as kept sticking once cleaned. Light vanished for a week then reappeared. Took it back to the garage and they found some carbon in the pipe and cleaned it out. Problem solved...... well so we thought!

I have driven about 60 miles and now the light has come back on yet again. The weird thing is when it comes on and causes the car to limp i pull over turn the engine off and on again and the light diappears and car runs normal again!!!

The garage who fixed the egr valve are really good but far away from my house and having to take it there is a real pain.

The code that is showing now is p0087. The car judders sometimes whilst idle, never when excellerating only when waiting at lights etc. There is no smoke, no stall, drives fine otherwise.....could it possibly be just a sensor or something simple? The egr code keeps coming up too? Garage have checked the egr and its not faulty?

Any help would be very appreciated! Its a 2008 1.6tdci -no dpf fitted and has done 117k miles.

Im seriously loosing the will as i must have took it to 5 garages and each time they put on diagnostics and its costing me a fortune.

Thanks

Michelle

Last edited by shelliebaby85; 02-02-2014 at 02:23 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:44 PM
GVK.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 115 Likes on 108 Posts

P0087 fuel rail pressure low.

First and cheapest thing here I would do is get the fuel filter changed and make sure there are no fuel leaks from the hi-pressure pipes.

Recently had a late Focus tdci in with similar faults and one of the injectors had been changed elsewhere and one of the pipes was leaking where it goes on the fuel rail.

It would go into limp mode every now and then with reduced acceleration, had a non genuine fuel filter on it, put a genuine Ford fuel filter on it and was cured quite cheaply.

EGR code, which code exactly?
Old 19-02-2014, 09:00 PM
shelliebaby85
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hiya,

Sorry for the delay.....

It was p1402.

I have got slight loss of power nothing major and doesnt seem to get above 3000 revs???