Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

non starting tdci mondeo - who has a box of matches

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 07:31 PM
adzer
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default non starting tdci mondeo - who has a box of matches

not an ideal first post but I need help.............

3 weeks ago a mondeo came up for sale CHEAP so I snapped it up

its a
2007 2.0 tdci"><span style=2007 2.0 tdci" /> 2007 2.0 tdci">2007 2.0 tdci
with 62k on the clocks........for sale add said that he serviced the car and its never started since, he put the car into a garage where they burnt out the starter motor and tried to charge him silly money to repair.

so I bought the car thinking it needed a starter and fuel system bled...................oh how wrong I was.

once I changed the starter the first thing I noticed was the glow plug light was flashing.....about 7 codes was present, a lot to do with throttle control and fuel temp sensor, turns out the wires at the throttle pedal was broken so I fixed them and cleared the codes.............only fuel temp sensor remained along with a new one that popped up which was injector pressure too high, so I cracked open the injector pipes ontop of the injectors, when I opened the first there was pressure that was released, once I done this the glow plug light stopped flashing so I tried to start the car but still nothing......I was then getting a fault code saying injector pressure too low

I decided to try tow the car and try bump start the car to see what that would show up........once I got back the glow plug light was flashing again, and the injector pressure too high was back along with p0251 I think it is? fuel pump metering valve fault..........

im thinking the fault is the injectors but id like other opinions before I spend money and what other models could I use injectors from? its 2007 115 bhp engine last of the mk3

local scrap yard has a few engines but none that match my engine code and tell me I cant use the injectors out of those engines? but another breaker said I need injectors from a 2003 on model with short nozzles.....whos right?