Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

fitting instructions for Matt lewis fuel pump loom

Old 27-07-2013, 08:47 AM
richbogle
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fitting instructions for Matt lewis fuel pump loom

Hi, can sumone pleass give me a quick run through on fitting matt lewis fuel pump loom? I understand the live on2 battery and the relay goes at boot side,thers an earth lead next to relay,i take it that just gets earthd out? But whare does the ignition live go or cum from??
Richie
Old 27-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Haribo11
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

I got my rewire loom from Matt he emailed me instructions will see if I still have them if so would you like me to send over?
Old 27-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Haribo11

Here we go mate found it these are the instructions I was sent hope it helps!

FuelPump Loom Instructions

SEPERATE BOTH LOOMS

ROUTE THE LONGEST CABLE FROM BATTERY THROUGH THE BULKHEAD USING THE ORIGINAL ECU GROMMET, THE END CLOSEST TO THE FUSE HOLDER IS BATTERY END. RUN DOWN UNDER THE NEAR SIDE SILL COVERS CAREFULLY, REMOVE REAR SEATS AND BOOT CARPET AND NEAR SIDE BOOT TRIM, ROUTE CABLE THROUGH INTO THE BOOT AREA FOLLOWING THE ORIGINAL FORD WIRING ACROSS THE BACK PANEL TO WHERE THE ORIGINAL HARNESS GOES THROUGH THE BOOT FLOOR TO PUMP.

THEN TAKE THE SHORTER WIRING HARNESS AND ROUTE IT FROM THERE TO THE PUMP THROUGH THE ORIGINAL FORD GROMMET AND CONNECT TO PUMP.

USING THE SUPPLIED RELAY BASE AND VIEWING THE RELAY FROM THE BOTTOM CONNECT THE MAIN BATTERY CABLE TO TERMINAL 30, THEN CONNECT THE FUEL PUMP CABLE POSITIVE TO TERMINAL 87, NEGATIVE TO TERMINAL 86. THEN MOVE BACK TO THE CABLE YOU ROUTED FROM THE BATTERY AND CONNECT THE RED/BLACK CABLE TO TERMINAL 85.

THEN THE OTHER END OF THE BLACK/RED CABLE NEEDS TO BE CONNECTED TO THE ORIGINAL FUELPUMP POSITIVE (BLACK/RED) WILL BE SEEN WHERE YOU ROUTED THE PUMP CABLE THROUGH THE GROMMET TO PUMP.

THEN YOU NEED TO CONNECT THE EARTH CABLE WHICH IS THE BLACK RING TERMINAL SOMEWHERE ON THE INSIDE OF THE BACK PANEL AND THEN MOUNT THE RELAY BASE THROUGH THE SAME HOLE.

WHEN THIS IS DONE PLEASE CHECK AND DOUBLE CHECK YOU HAVE WIRED THE RELAY CORRECTLEY BEFORE YOU CONNECT TO THE BATTERY.
Old 27-07-2013, 09:43 AM
richbogle
Regular Contributor

Perfect mate thats great! Cheers
Old 27-07-2013, 10:21 AM
richbogle
Regular Contributor

Sory mate just reading that ther, what do you mean by terminals?? Lol
Old 27-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Haribo11

The terminals on the relay I think, you should have some gold plated terminals in the kit that you have to crimp on to connect everything up to the relay! My car is in my wk shop at the momment but I can send some pictures of everything connected up if you are still stuck on Monday !
Old 27-07-2013, 04:41 PM
richbogle
Regular Contributor

Job dun mate! I checked voltage b4 and was 11.5 now its jst over 12. However i find it strange that the original ignition feed that connects to terminal 85, is still using the old original relay further up the loom under dash! Can the old relay be bypased as thers the new 1 in boot? Lol is this right or am i talkin pish?? Lol
Old 27-07-2013, 05:09 PM
cozzy jeff
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts

[QUOTE=richbogle;6296172]Job dun mate! I checked voltage b4 and was 11.5 now its jst over 12. However i find it strange that the original ignition feed that connects to terminal 85, is still using the old original relay further up the loom under dash! Can the old relay be bypased as thers the new 1 in boot? Lol is this right or am i talkin .
The original relay triggers the new one so must stay.

Last edited by cozzy jeff; 27-07-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 27-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Haribo11

Yeah that is what I was told by my mate when we wired mine up! Glad you have sorted it though mate!