Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

ford sapphire 3.0 irs

Old 24-06-2013, 06:16 AM
Jan30
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy ford sapphire 3.0 irs

Hi every one.

as you can see my name is Jan. i'm new to all things ford and recently acquired a sapphire irs. the standard management messed around so i had an aftermarket management installed together with a new fuel pump however the problems that i had before is now worse after the management installation. i can also add that the guy who did the installation did a very poor job and i cannot get a hold of him. the car misfires, has no power whatsoever, en when u punch the accelerator the nose dives into the road until you release the throttle. i am at my end with this car since it is my only car and have to use it daily. can any one please tell me what the problem can be or if any v6 intake manifold will fit on my v6 ( mine is the upgraded v6 with aluminum tappet covers) cause if i cannot fix it i will have to swop the efi with a carb. thanx in advance.
Old 24-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Jan30
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well its 22:15 and just finished battling wit my car. had a drive to my parents house ( 3km away from me) and when i wanted to leave it just wouldn't start. further inspection saw the fuel pump is not working. ( pump installed by same guy not even a month ago) phoned him, after alot of tries he answers and says he is on his way with a new pump. still waiting for him and he doesn't answer his phone. any way after flushing the pump with compressed air and bumping it around a bit it starts working again but the car still struggles to start and still runs like before. might i add that it is not a nice job to remove and refit the fuel tank especially with a quarter tank of fuel in. and now the newly redone starter ( yes u guessed it, the same guy) is giving me trouble. heavy spark seen from the solenoid when starting and it "slips" interesting day