Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

escos electrical help needed

Search this Thread

Old 17-06-2013, 10:34 PM
paulg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default escos electrical help needed

Hi
I have just removed the clifford alarm from my escos and have been suffering the usual battery drain. As usual it was hacked into the loom all over the place, I ended up pulling out 3 clifford boxes, 1 laserline box, 5 various relays, a tracker and a couple of old immobiliser slots from the old vecta type thingies and a carrier bag full of old cable. I have resoldered the loom up best I can to get it back to standard and much to my amazement most things seem to work but there are a couple of strange things.

1. The boot release wont work, there is no live feed to the button anymore but the electric windows and central locking work fine.

2. I noticed that there is a door lock control unit on the kick panel and both multiplugs were disconnected so I plugged them back in and the box ticks loudly for about 20 seconds then stops when turning the ignition on or off, what is strange is that the central locking works regardless of this box being connected or not (I only use the key, dont have remote locking)

3. The relay for interior light delay energizes and gets warm even with ignition off. I notice someone has put tape around the interior light fuse slot and marked it so I guess they have been pulling the fuse to stop battery drain.

4. There is no relay for the factory alarm. (do people pull these when getting an aftermarket alarm fitted?) This relay seems to break the cranking live to the starter motor and mines been wired direct bypassing this relay.

Any help or ideas would be appriciated, its always a pain trying to sort out problems you inherit from a previous owner.

Cheers
Paul