Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

53 ford focus has loss of power!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Hughes007
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 53 ford focus has loss of power!

My focus has developed a power problem it will start up first time of the day no problem. I will drive around for a bit then with no warning the engine will cut out with full loss of power. The lights on the dash all come on at first the oil light used to come on but the oil level is fine and the quality is ok. After the power goes after waiting for twenty mins it will start again and be fine until I have to slow down it cuts out again. I have replaced the coil pack and the crank shaft sensor with no luck there's no knocking or banging form the engine it sounds fine it does not over heat the gauge on the dash reads as normal. I can't use the diagnostic computer because the engine light does not come on the computer won't pick any codes up please help very frustrated.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:03 PM
minder
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you plug the diagnostic machine in it will bring up any old codes that were there before
and may bring up a fault worth a go