Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Engine type

Search this Thread

Old 26-12-2012, 12:03 PM
savvy
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine type

Hi, Hope this is in the correct section. I have trawled the net to find the correct engine type for my Focus 1600cc Zetec June 2004 build 2005 registered.
Engine code in log V5C is 4K75908.
It has black plastic cam cover and plastic inlet manifold at the front.No indication embossed on the cam cover, no maf or anything in the air filter but has the tickover valve 'thingie' on the front of the engine just below the inlet manifold.
Another queery, I see many modded cars with no cam belt covers on, must make belt changes easier! looks good too.Thinks !! if I mod the cambelt lower cover I won't have to remove the crank pulley when I change the belt.
What thoughts?
Cheers all.
Old 26-12-2012, 12:10 PM
the_frozen_one
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have a 1.6 zetec se. From the sigma engine series. You will always have to remove the crank pulley to change the belt, as the timing pulley is free floating and the belt won't tension properly unless it is free
Old 26-12-2012, 12:25 PM
savvy

Thanks, Ahhhh makes sense now about the crank pulley,hadn't thought about that.
Still thinking along 105e lines LOL
Old 26-12-2012, 12:53 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 102 Likes on 100 Posts

As said, in addition the pulley bolt should also be changed, in fact in a kit you will get a new one. This isn't something you want to do unless you are 100% competant in what you are doing, this has to be one of the most difficult engines to do as well, as there are no key ways, timing marks etc, and you also need the correct tools, such as the crank locking pin etc.

Martin
Old 26-12-2012, 03:13 PM
savvy

Cheers for the info, not really a case of not being able, have been stripping and building engines since I was 14 yr old,51 yrs ago. Last one was honda vfr 800 V4 bike engine. Also ff1600/ff2000 and F Renault race mech so spanners hold no fear LOL. Wasn't sure on engine type as so many, so similar.
Many thanks.
Old 26-12-2012, 07:28 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 102 Likes on 100 Posts

I wasen't implying that, I was just making sure you knew what you were dealing with, (and the tools required) as these arn't like doing your average engine for the reasons I state .

Martin
Old 27-12-2012, 10:55 AM
savvy

Hi martin, No offence taken, didn't think for a moment that was what you meant. I kindly accept all info given. It all goes to advance a persons knowledge in whatever scope. That's really the only way to learn! That's how I've done it, getting my hands dirty and reading. Our age group (65 yrs) didn't have the advantage of t'internet wish we had, so much easier.
Many many thanks for your replies.
Have a super new year.
Barrie