Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Ford focus ST MK 2 2006.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 04:38 AM
Joeyford
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford focus ST MK 2 2006.

Hi all, this is my first post but I'm hoping somebody here may have some good advice on this one.

I've just bought my dream ford, and ST mark 2.

It has a few slight problems that i know are small but quite annoying.

First up, the rear wiper does not work, the front one does so im guessing it is not a fuse. Any ideas what that could be?

number 2, the battery light is coming on occasionally usualy when I turn something like the fans or full beams on. I put a new battery in but still coming up, it is always above 12 volts on the screen so im guessing alternator, unless anybody thinks it could be something less sinister?

number 3, I had a diagnostics done and it comes up as a lamda sensor needing replacing, however its been remapped to 270BHP, so could that be whats causing the problem?

I really like this car as I do most fords, exept the KA so any advice or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Joey
Old 06-12-2012, 05:57 AM
Dal_
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

Check the aux fuse box under the glove box - there's a little map on the cover to tell you what one is for what.

The alternators are a known weak point on 06 cars - probably needs replacing.

If it's been remapped - are you sure it's not got a decat? that'd put the MIL light on if it's not a decat friendly map.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:01 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

You need to fix your charge issues first wether it is battery or alternator or alternator clutch pulley then see what faults you get then as a low voltage on these cars throw up all sorts of faults being can bus system so before buying a lamba sensor ect fix the other stuff
Old 06-12-2012, 09:10 AM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

As above, get the alternator checked out first, failed ones can cause all sorts of issues. The rear wiper could be a fuse, switch or the motor itself. With the front wipers on, select reverse. Does the rear wiper then come on? What usually happens is the wiper is switched on while the blade is firmly iced on to the screen. This can pop the fuse.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Joeyford
Virgin

Thank you all for replying.

A few of you mentioned it may be a fuse, but I was assuming that front and rear wipers would use the same fuse? However I will check it just to rule that out.

I hear what your all saying, I just got off the phone to my ford dealer, they quoted me £520 for a alternator plus fitting, I'm going just get it done and hopefully all will be well.

How would I know the difference between a decat and a remap? It's my second ST but i only had it a few weeks now and all I have is a reciept from the previous owner basically that says thanks for your custom, £200 remap. But somebody did say that could be whats causing it to give a fault code for the lamba sensor, but regardless I will follow all your advice and get the Alternator done and dusted first.

Thank you all for help, much appreciated.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Joeyford
Virgin

Originally Posted by RichieST
As above, get the alternator checked out first, failed ones can cause all sorts of issues. The rear wiper could be a fuse, switch or the motor itself. With the front wipers on, select reverse. Does the rear wiper then come on? What usually happens is the wiper is switched on while the blade is firmly iced on to the screen. This can pop the fuse.
How do i switch on the motor itself? thank you.