Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

A few problems, Help needed!

Old 21-02-2010, 12:17 PM
JonnyFZ20
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few problems, Help needed!

2005 Fiesta Zetec-S 1.6 TDCI

Misfires on idle when the engines cold, will resume normal idle within a minute or 2, sometimes even within 5-10 seconds, it varies! However drives normally when cold, only misses on idle. Have code read and came up with:

FAULT CODE: P138B GLOW PLUG MODULE SYSTEM VOLTAGE

How do i fix this? Not much info available on the fault

i THINK there is a ford technical bulletin about this fault thats to do with replacing the glow plug module wiring loom, not sure though but if anyone has access to the bulletins help would be appreciated!

Also, was driving the car last night and i gave it abit of wheelspin for afew seconds...next thing the 2 LCD displays on the dash started flashing, one of them was flashing the message "EAC FAIL", performance was not affected, the engine management light was not on. Carried on driving the car till i could pull over further down the road, turned the car off, then back on, still flashing! tunred it back off then turned only the ignition back on, still flashing! turned the ignition back off and left the car for 10 mins, came back to it and fired the engine back up and everything was back to normal, message had gone and LCD displays weren't flashing. Is this anything to worry about? All i can think is that i must have tripped the fly-by-wire throttle system out or something by wheelspinning which made the "EAC FAIL" message appear?! Re-checked it this morning and its still ok and the message has not re-appeared.

Any help appreciated!

Regards, Jon

Last edited by JonnyFZ20; 21-02-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 25-02-2010, 06:52 PM
matts zetec s tdci
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EAC-FAIL mine came on when i had a play in the snow went off after i turned it on and off a few times like yourself i have no idear what it means lol think its just the car telling us off for driving like nobs lol my mates 1.4 does the same aswell .