Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

2000 Ford Focus Blower motor does not work at all

Old 24-12-2009, 12:02 AM
coreylowery
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2000 Ford Focus Blower motor does not work at all

Yea I have read many forums and I have tried everything i know...I have replaced the heater resistor, took the blower motor fan out and tested it with a battery and it worked, also i checked all my fuses and i still do not have any air coming out the vents on any setting...If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated
Old 24-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Dal_
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

The switch itself?
Old 25-12-2009, 10:39 PM
coreylowery
Virgin

yea i got the switch pulled out i plan on getting another one come monday but if that doesnt work i dont know where to start...The car set up for three years before i decided to put another motor in it and everything works now but that...Will those switches go bad from setting up?
Old 27-12-2009, 01:19 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You've established the motor works, now just check the earth from the motor to the body, or wherever it is earthed to is ok, maybe even try a seperate earth run to motor.
Check now for a LIVE at the switch that becomes live when switched igntion to position 2(normal driving), note the colour, switch the switch to spped 1 and see if there is is output on another wire, this will go to the resistor, check this for each speed, note the fastest speed setting is full 12v and may not go to the resistor as it bypasses it dirtectly to fan, if the wires are hot/live when switched to the resistor, then the problem must be between the resistor and the motor, losing all speeds, esp fastest is very unusual, it would be much more likely to be a connection problem at the motor itself, but basic fault finding will find it.
tabetha
Old 27-12-2009, 01:20 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You've established the motor works, now just check the earth from the motor to the body, or wherever it is earthed to is ok, maybe even try a seperate earth run to motor.
Check now for a LIVE at the switch that becomes live when switched igntion to position 2(normal driving), note the colour, switch the switch to spped 1 and see if there is is output on another wire, this will go to the resistor, check this for each speed, note the fastest speed setting is full 12v and may not go to the resistor as it bypasses it dirtectly to fan, if the wires are hot/live when switched to the resistor, then the problem must be between the resistor and the motor, losing all speeds, esp fastest is very unusual, it would be much more likely to be a connection problem at the motor itself, but basic fault finding will find it.
tabetha
Old 15-01-2010, 05:31 AM
coreylowery
Virgin

Got it figured out thanks for all the help...Turns out when the car set up for three years someone robbed the fuse from under the hood and i just didnt notice it. Thanks everyone