Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

fuel regulator been tampered with, anybody know fords basic setting?

Search this Thread

Old 28-11-2009, 03:53 PM
skypeller
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fuel regulator been tampered with, anybody know fords basic setting?

ever since i have owned my xr3i mk4 efi i have been a little bugged by the fact someone has tampered with the fuel pressure regulator setting, does anybody know what the standard ford factory setting is i.e so many full turns from top or bottom adjustment on the 4mm allen screw?

the caps been drilled and as somebody pointed out on this forum its been drilled so they can pull the cap off for adjustment, why would they do this to a standard car? bearing in mind the car was owned by a retired female nurse for 14years (although her son was a ford mechanic...would he have upped or lowered the pressure according to driving characteristics or fuel economy?)

i know there pressure should be around 40psi or slightly more but obviously i cant check this at home with basic equipment.

thanks for any help
Old 28-11-2009, 04:47 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know what the pressure should be, but somewhere around 45psi is average.
Knowing the pressure isn't going to help though, any basic setting like that would be just that, as the tamper plug is not there buy a £15 gauge and check/adjust yourself, just phone a bosch agent/tuner they will soon tell you what to set it to.
tabetha