Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Lumpy Ford

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 08:56 PM
JimForrest
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lumpy Ford

My daughters 1.6 Vetec Fiesta has just started playing up when cold. It's fine when warmed up but hunts and nearly stalls when idling straight after starting. Presumably it's the ISCV or auto-choke (if they still fit them). Can I adjust it and where on the manifold is it?
There is a screw which sets the tickover but it doesn't have a head (if that makes sense). It sticks out of one side of the casting against the linkage but not the other (where I would expect the head would be).
Old 13-10-2009, 07:31 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The iscv sounds lazy, but can usually be cured by cleaning with carb cleaner, it should be fairly easy to spot having most likely a two wire connection to it, and be cylindrical in shape about 1/2 it's length on the inlet trunking somewhere.
Put the engine details into ebay etc with idle speed control valve, this will bring up piccies showing you what it looks like, then easy to find.
It could also be the lambda/maf at fault, but clean iscv first, it's almost free!!
tabetha