Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Ford StreetKa 'squeak'!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 04:13 PM
devilwomanjaf
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford StreetKa 'squeak'!

Hi, I'm a new member and hoping that someone can give me some advice! I own a Ford StreetKA which I bought about 18 months ago and love. When I first bought my car I had to take it back as everytime I went over a speed hump or up a kerb I got an awful squeaking noise from the front nearside. The mechanics solved the problem and told me it was merely something that had come unclipped or unbolted and it solved the problem. However now it has started doing it on the other side and I don't remember what it was! Any ideas? Someone suggested maybe something coming unclipped underneath the wheelarch? It only does it when going over speedhumps - there are so many potholes around where I live I'm not surprised something has come unclipped!
Old 06-10-2009, 06:44 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just get up on jack/axle stand and have a poke around, you'll soon see if something has come unclipped, drop links from the strut to the anti roll bar are favourites for noise on fords, but not for squeaks.
tabetha
Old 13-02-2010, 07:41 AM
WrightStuff050
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Roof For StreetKa

Hi all,

Quite new to this but I am looking for someone that can shine some light on this for me, Sorry but its not about the squeak.

I bought my Girlfriend a StreetKa and its a great little car, After some research we found that a winter edition was lauched with a removable hard roof. As from the Auto trader Website it states that the hard roof is also available from 2003 for the later models, Only problem is we can't one?
Does anyone know if these hard top roofs were only lauched with the winter edition and not lauched as an extra for the soft tops?
Also do you know where i can buy one and roughly a price? Dont really want to go the the main dealer and pay out the nose as i have heard from the Auto trader site that they are about £1000.

Any reply will be great.
Many thanks