Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Ford Focus exhaust manifold/cat

Search this Thread

Old 18-09-2009, 11:51 AM
focusLiam
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Focus exhaust manifold/cat

I have just purchased a new 1.8zetec engine for my ford focus.
Upon fitting the new engine, i noticed the new exhaust manifold has a 4 bolt flange connector to the catalytic converter, whereas the old one had a 3 bolt flange.
I have been told that I would need to now purchase a new cat that would fit this exhaust manifold.
But all the cats i have looked at have the 3 bolt connector,is the four bolt connector i have standard?
Also the garage suggested fitting a decat pipe instead,but I cannot find any for the 1.8 zetec,does anyone a place where they coul be purchased from?
Thanks Liam
Old 22-09-2009, 06:22 PM
hineho87
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by focusLiam
I have just purchased a new 1.8zetec engine for my ford focus.
Upon fitting the new engine, i noticed the new exhaust manifold has a 4 bolt flange connector to the catalytic converter, whereas the old one had a 3 bolt flange.
I have been told that I would need to now purchase a new cat that would fit this exhaust manifold.
But all the cats i have looked at have the 3 bolt connector,is the four bolt connector i have standard?
Also the garage suggested fitting a decat pipe instead,but I cannot find any for the 1.8 zetec,does anyone a place where they coul be purchased from?
Thanks Liam
i will check mine m8 as i av the manifold, cat and flexi for sale from a 1.8, and i aint that far from u either only 27 miles (im not sad i used to go uni there)

Jus let me no
Old 30-12-2009, 12:22 PM
hineho87
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u still needin these parts m8?

Matt