Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

rs turbo no fuel from metering unit to the injectors ?? please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 04:37 PM
ash 501

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rs turbo no fuel from metering unit to the injectors ?? please help

heya guys jus put loom in my new rs turbo as it was xr3i,ive now sorted the fuel pump and spark problem it was a earth problem,i now have fuel up to the metering unit but nothing from there to the injectors ?? any advice there is a control box or sumit on the side with a 3 pin i think plug on it there is no live to there ,im just wondering what is supose to go to this plug as regards to earth and feed help wud be very gratefull as ive had had the engine in a month now and havent heard her run yetcheers guys!
Old 20-09-2011, 05:23 PM
davexr3
i need a turbo.

same problem! did you find the fault? cheers
Old 20-09-2011, 08:21 PM
jan247uk
SE500 All Blue

yep i have this problem too anyone know a solution? i'm getting to the point of towing it round and hopeing for the best now
Old 22-09-2011, 09:51 PM
davexr3
i need a turbo.

ive got fuel to the 5th injector (cold start) but nothing to the 4 injectors, its fireing up off the 5th injector alone, running lumpy for 3 secconds then cutting out. tried all sorts
Old 23-09-2011, 05:31 PM
xrmalin
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Estate did the same thing when i finished putting it together and mine turned out to be an air lock in the return fuel line to the tank are you getting any fuel returning to the tank ?
Old 28-09-2011, 08:02 AM
crighton13
Regular Contributor

when cranking over the engine push the flap on the metering head just few mm that will push fuel up and should start
Old 21-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Bransby
Part of the Furniture

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi I've got same prob on my rs turbo cabby, it will fire on cold start then die, pushing the flap down does nothing, there is no fuel in any of the 4 injector lines but when you crack the cold start banjo there is fuel there, I changed the metering head and no diffrence, could this be down to not anoth presure from the pump? There doesn't seem much presure in the cols start line that's all, cheers Ryan
Old 23-12-2011, 11:28 PM
jan247uk
SE500 All Blue

i can answer this problem now after a few months of banging my head on a brick wall trying to sort it
this may not be a solution for all, but it will be for some, if your like me with a xr3i you converted to a rs turbo then the problem may be you havn't changed the fuel tank and pump and are trying to run on a efi intank pump all though the pump produces enough pressure to feed the 5th injector and seems to be plenty it isn't
efi in tank pumps run a 2-3 bar delivery pressure where as the under body RST fuel pump runs 5 bar+ solution is to fit a rst tank and underbody fuel pump/carrier setup at present thier is no replacement for the in tank pump that has enough delivery pressure to run the mfi setup the cossy intank pump would but is too large to fit properly and catches on the fuel gauge float
this was a error i totally missed with my conversion and i hope it helps some