Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Information needed

Old 02-09-2009, 09:24 PM
whittyscossy
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Information needed

Hi all Looking at changing suspension/rear beam/arms etc while im doing a restore.

I just need some information really as I have not really had much to do with these so any info would be good.

I have heard good things and bad things about adjustable track control arms/coilovers.

What are the best ones to get // where from // advantages and disadvantages // different types etc.

Sorry to sound a novice!!! lol

Many thanks

some car info:

18" Comp alloys
Spax suspension
AP 6pots
Fully power fluxed
Old 03-09-2009, 10:51 AM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends on what YOU like suspension wise, if you can get a ride in a car with coilys etc then you would be better able to judge, pm me and I'll come over and take you out in mine as I have AVO coilovers, and no way in the world would I go back, it's just so comfy and good handling.
It's poly bushed all round but with a 22MM rear arb, that is adjustable, everyone and I mean everyone told me that it would not work, it's fantastic, and cost me £80 to have custom made, by me mate out of correct ENT16 sprung steel.
The big advantage with coilys is quick and easy to change springs to suit, I run 300lb" 9" front with 200lb 12" rear.
tabetha