Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Help Needed no spark cosworth 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 19-08-2009, 06:53 PM
kaking1982
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed no spark cosworth 2wd

just put engine back in car been off road for about 2 years engine turns over i have had to rewire the fuel pump as that didnt work i had no voltage in the boot so thats fine and primes when ignition on . i have checked the resistance of the cps sensor at the ecu and its reading 830 ohms i have also checked the gap just over 1mm . i have also checked the resistance of the phase sensor. i have also put a group a coil on the car .

the problem

i have no spark when the engine is crank over i have nothing at the coil (should one side of the coil be live when the ignition is at position 2) i just dont have any ideas why it wont spark anyone got any ideas or ways i check the ignition amp or other things

thanks Olly
Old 20-08-2009, 01:22 AM
velocity
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the ignition switch on you should have 12v at the terminal on the coil with the black wire, if not then as a quick check you can directly supply this terminal with 12v from the battery just to see if she fires up or gives you a spark.
you could have a break in the wireing from the ignition switch to the coil or it may be something else.
that same supply also drives the fuel injection relay which in turn drives the fuel pump relay, so if all is working correctly, when you turn the ignition on you should also hear the amal valve click and the idle speed conteol valve move
see how you get on with that first,
Old 20-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check that you havn't plugged the crank sensor and the knock sensor leads in the wrong way round as they are the same plugs and are easily mistaken.