Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

mk 3 SE CAB Trying to re-start my car after engine change.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:39 PM
692secab
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy mk 3 SE CAB Trying to re-start my car after engine change.

I have recently asked on a 'fellow' ford forum site i'm a member of about this problem and after 7 days of nothing i wondered if any1 on here can help me ?.
I have a c plate se cabriolet c999*** and when i purchased it it had a mk 4 engine in it so i looked for a decent mk 3 o.e to replace it with and found one in wigan so after 8 hrs on the road i finally got home with my 'new' lump !!.
I have painted various parts and after trying to re - wire the loom i have come across a problem .... i can't remember where the wires for the battery,earths and starter/solenoid go !! twat !!, so rather than throw caution to the wind and melt the loom lol lol , i would rather seek advice .
I have the red lead on the battery + sign ,the black lead is on the - battery terminal ,there is a earth connected to the passengers inner wing and going to the - battery terminal.
The black lead coming from the battery goes to the bolt holding the starter to the block , so i'm assuming this is to 'earth' the battery/starter ?,the red lead is going to the biggest nut on the starter solenoid is this correct ?.
HERE'S THE PROBLEM : i have a black wire coming from the alternator area of the engine bay it has a ring on the end to fix it to something ? the solenoid for the starter ?.
I also have a wire from the airbox area of the engine bay and it is black but with a thin red line running the lenth of it ?.
Has anyone got any ideas or even better some 1985 starter solenoid wiring photo's , the haynes isn't clear i've checked trust me !!.
Or is anyone local to me in wales ? , i live in carmarthen area .

Someone please help me as i'm pulling my hair out and i'm on the verge of giving it a go but i know my luck lol lol .

Cheers dave

Last edited by 692secab; 12-07-2009 at 10:42 PM.