Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

ERST Brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 16-06-2009, 08:48 PM
JamesSeries1Turbo
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ERST Brake lines

Hi guys,

I just changed the engine in my turbo, in doing this a snapped the brake joints from pumps to resevoir, so was going to change the abs back to non abs, but dont know if this possible?? reason im doing this is because the abs belts werent on car anyway or would I be better just getting abs pump second hand and put belts on?? any help would be great cheers
Old 16-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

you want to put the abs back on the car??
Old 16-06-2009, 09:32 PM
JamesSeries1Turbo
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi mate, was going to change system to non abs but dunno if be aswell with abs I would rather not have it, was going to take braking system of my series1 will this work on series 2 as it non abs? thanks
Old 16-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

Not really sure mate.
I dont see why not. I removed the abs from my s2, pretty straight forwad job tbh, its been covered quite a bit if you search on the site.
As for using a S1 brake system, I dont see why it wouldnt work, as without the abs its only a reseviour and piping which is essentially the idea behind it.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:23 PM
gingerturbo
The annoying ginger guy

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

hello m8 this is a peice of piss to do, i did it on my s2 cos mine got snapped off, just get hold of a brake flaring kit and some t peices, just run the lines from the front calipers to the back of the resivour and vice vercer, just make sure nothings kinked cos he very flimsy