Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Urgent Help!!!! noisy timing chain 2.0 tdci 130 engine

Search this Thread

Old 30-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Sam J
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent Help!!!! noisy timing chain 2.0 tdci 130 engine

Anyone any ideas??? only started happening this morning on the way to work, is this a common fault? it is very loud but only noisy on idle!!! once its revving it goes.

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers guys.
Sam
Old 30-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Sam J
Virgin

right ive took the covers off and im not entirely sure its the chain now! sounds like a really loud deisel knock! but it goes as soo as you rev the engine......... i am totally stuck anybody got any ideas! there is no loss in perfiormance either.

Cheers.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:39 PM
coss1e2000

It's the alternator belt vibrating due to faulty crank pulley. You need to renew the alternator belt, tensioner and crank pulley.
Have Fun!
Old 13-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Sam J
Virgin

yes sorry mate i havent touched the timing at all only the alternator belt so far i tried a smaller belt to rule out air con, still noisy! changed alternator and all guides and tensioner still noisy! so it must be the crank pulley as you say, just wondering out of curiosity what exactly is it that makes the pulley make this noise I spoke to one of the lads in fords by ours and he said there in 2 peices! and the only other thing I wanted to know was is the actual timing pulley on a woodruff key so if I undo the 3 bolts from the alternator pulley it wont mess the timing up as I beleive on the newer petrol mondeos there is no woodruff key and once the alternator pulley is undone the actual timing pulley is free to move as its only held on by the alternator pulley pressing it onto a tapered shaft! sorry to be so long winded! but cheers for the help mate as the noise is doing my fuckin head in