Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Knocking on Passenger Side Front S1

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 05:29 PM
originalcabbie
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knocking on Passenger Side Front S1

I have recently got a S1 which I am using as an everyday vehicle until I can get my S2 Cabriolet sold and buy a cheap run around for work.

Last week I started getting a knocking sound on the passenger side front, I jacked the car up and the bearings are fine no movement, the only movement I could find is in the steering rack, hardly any but I am in the process of sorting another one, I also noticed that the bush on the adjustable tie rod end was also perished. I have checked the other bushes and movement and all seems fine. Any body got any ideas????

It get worse on full lock going up a kerb for example and I hear it now and then when driving along going over bumps etc. but not constantly.

Also anyone got any idea of where to get the adjustable tie rod end from as Ford and the local motorfactors came up stumped.

I NEED HELP!!!!!

cheeRS

Rob
Old 09-05-2006, 05:42 PM
SafeChav
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it definately a suspension noise? Not a CV joint or anything?

I think those joints are N/A now mate, u might get extremely lucky and find a second hand one but im looking for a whole arm and can't find it for love nor money, people dont split the rollbars up

Might be worth considering MEF's rose jointed ones, i think they are £150 for the pair, and are a lot better aswell.