Shows & Track Days Advertise and arrange your shows and track days in here.

good start

Old 11-11-2003, 07:47 PM
c6mby
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good start

hi all im looking for help ive very nearly finished preping my car but have never been round the track could anyone tell me were is a good place to start and what sort of price im looking at thanks.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

I imagine the 3 most helpfull peeps in this department will be "Porkie" "Rich pon" and "Nuts Rus"

Put a FAO in the main forum askin em to come and see your post M8
Old 12-11-2003, 11:24 PM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

No need for a FAO - Iv'e spotted it

Well I'd say a good place to start is ..... ANYWHERE
Prices range from £30 for a part day - to upwards of £400

You can book most trackdays online now - or certainly on the phone if your unsure about online methods. A circuit based trackday will offer the best facilities for a new comer, both in terms of safety, and organisation. Most of the circuits and or organisers are members of ATDO http://www.atdo.co.uk

If it is your first trackday with a newly built/prepared car try to keep it local, until your confident about the car.

Dont bother too much about what everyone else is doing - concentrate on what you have - and what you want to achieve.

If possible try to get out as a passenger for a few laps with someone if you are really unsure of the venue, this will settle you in, and you will begin to learn the circuit pretty quick.

Remember its not all about speed - you don't have to try and keep up with the car infront - its not a race (as racing is not allowed) just go at a pace you are comfortable with, and getting the most ENJOYMENT from.

Try to get to one of the days that are published on here - we are all loonys and will offer more personal help one to one, rather than through the keyboard.

Anything else ? Just ask What car have you got ?

Tony
Old 13-11-2003, 03:11 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello thankds for the advice.i have a series one.it has a health engine so not to woreid about that its just getting the set up right really shocks brakes the lot.do you think any one on passionford would be willing to take me round the track to get used to it?as ive never been round one.
thanks
Old 13-11-2003, 03:12 PM
c6mby
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

forgot to sign in lol
Old 13-11-2003, 05:56 PM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

Im sure anyone on here would offer to take you round a circuit and offer advice.

As for shocks and pads well thats just down to personal choice and money at the end of the day. You could start off with what you have now, and progress onwards and upwards if you find you are enjoying it, and want to take it further.
No point on spending alot of money and then finding you dont actually like it is there

Keep your eyes on the boards and book something that is getting alot of interest, but be quick as alot of them fill up pretty quick.

Tony
Old 13-11-2003, 07:22 PM
Scott R
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the best first upgrade for your car mate, would be brakes, if you still have standard brakes they will overheat and fade very quickly, a couple of cheap otions is direct replacement to S2 set-up, or get S2 calipers but use a bracket (which is readily available), to use 2wd cossie discs.

suspension, alot of people use koni's or similar, but will depend on your budget, konis with decent springs should be OK, i used them on my track S1 for over a year with no problems.

polybushed suspension will make a difference aswell, as 20 year old bushes aint upto much track abuse.

i wouldnt worry about tyres just yet, untill you have done a few track days. but i would recommend using some old tyres that still have road legal tread, and have some spare road legal wheels and tyres, so you can get home again.

i would also give your car a service just to make sure everything is OK, and to put good clean oil in, which you should check during your track day, the same with your water level.

there is more but i am sure others will fill in the gaps, above all though mate just enjoy yourself.