Shows & Track Days Advertise and arrange your shows and track days in here.

Trackday at Llandow, sat 24th august, 105 pounds full day

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Trackday at Llandow, sat 24th august, 105 pounds full day

Copied over from the clio forum, this is a day ran by Jay and Tony who race a clio, Ive been on a few of these days now and they are always friendly and well run and free tuition is available for beginners.

Originally Posted by Jay Payne
What/Where/When/Who:

Full day trackday at the Llandow Circuit near Cardiff. Saturday 24th August. 08:30 – 17:00 the day will be run as sessions early on so suitable for novices/beginners and switch to an open pit lane format later in the day. Included in the day will be a breakfast baguette from the onsite cafe, experienced advice from myself or Tony and photography by Dan Freeman.

All for only £105 per car for the full day.

Everyone is welcome and all types of cars so tell your friends. The day will have a maximum of 40 cars in attendance with a max of 10 on circuit at any one time so there will be plenty of time and space to enjoy yourself. The event has proved very sociable in the past due to the limited numbers.

• Price Per Car/1st Driver £105 (Inc. Breakfast)
  • Extra drivers £10 Each (Inc. Breakfast)
  • Passengers £5 Each (Inc. Breakfast)

Circuit Info:

Llandow is a small but challenging circuit with a slow twisty section and some fast sweeping bends. It is surfaced to MSA specification so no broken tarmac or concrete airfield surface to ruin tyres.

A noise limit of 105db will be in place for the day and a maximum of 40 cars in attendence.

Location/Accommodation:

Llandow is situated 20 miles west of Cardiff in the Vale of Glamorgan near the country towns of Cowbridge and Llantwit Major. CF71 7PB
Camping is available at the site next door. Camping can be booked by calling 01446 794527 http://www.llandowcaravanpark.com/

The nearest Travelodge is Pencoed. http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/9...-Pencoed-hotel

Friday Night Karting Event:

On the Friday night (23rd) we will be holding a Team Endurance Karting event at the circuits outdoor Kart track. A 75 minuite race for teams of 2 drivers and a special Burpspeed trophy will be awarded to the winners.

Its limited to 10 teams (20 Drivers)

• Karting – £45 per person (Team of 2 drivers per Kart)

For more info just ask.

Payment via Paypal: Jay@burpspeed.com

Copied over from this thread:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showt...ay-and-Karting

Ideal first trackday, but also fun for veterans.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:45 AM
The Underdog
you cant fix stupid

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

im assuming theres low numbers going on the track at that price. llandow only charge 80 for their trackdays and thats 40 cars. free tuition cant knock that though
Old 05-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Underdog ST170
im assuming theres low numbers going on the track at that price. llandow only charge 80 for their trackdays and thats 40 cars. free tuition cant knock that though
Llandow normally charge more at a weekend I believe mate, Ive only seen 80 quid days during the week.

Ive been to a few of these days now and they have been really well run, very friendly and a good driving standard.

Like you say though, when you factor in breakfast and free tuition its a great day especially for beginners.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Straight_4_N/a
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At that price i want breakfast dinner and tea.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Straight_4_N/a
At that price i want breakfast dinner and tea.
Probably best if you dont come then, you will be dissapointed, sounds like trackdays with tuition arent for you with that budget, lol.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Straight_4_N/a

Originally Posted by Chip
Probably best if you dont come then, you will be dissapointed, sounds like trackdays with tuition arent for you with that budget, lol.
Probably best i go on saturday 10th of august an only pay £80
Not really as ive been there more than a few times and im going again lol.
tuition is useless to me i know my car and i know the track so i wouldnt want to pay for it plus im wouldnt pay them to have a friend sitting next to me.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Straight_4_N/a

also the tuition anit free if 40 people go thay will get around £1600.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Chip

The tuition is included in the price, have taken advantage of it myself on previous days.

However if you dont want to go, then dont, I cant see the point in you spamming a thread though which might interest others.

105 quid whatever way you look at it is a cheap trackday, especially including food and tuition, if you dont want to go then dont, but plenty of others do want to.

Ive got NOTHING to gain or lose if others go or not, its not me organising it, I just know that people on here are often asking for a suitable first trackday and IMHO this is a really good one so Ive posted it in case it interests others.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

For the record, a lot of Saturdays are £105 at Llandow. These are great days that Tony and Jay organise.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

Hope you don't work in payroll or accounts.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Straight_4_N/a

Originally Posted by Madgit
For the record, a lot of Saturdays are £105 at Llandow. These are great days that Tony and Jay organise.
Not this year and only a few was last year.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Straight_4_N/a

Hope you don't work in payroll or accounts.
lol take the cost of the track and food off the final sum and you'll have around 1600 left so that you would call tuition costs.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Straight_4_N/a

Now im not picking i just pointed out underdog was right that most saturdays are £80 and the tuition anit free as he said and as chip said its inc in the 105 cost.

But at llandow i belive tuition is wasted (just my view) as its such a short track with very few bends its very easly mastered by beginers in a very short time even llandow knows this thats why there prices are alot less than other tracks.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

Only pulling your leg mate. To a certain extent you're right but these guys would offer a little bit more than the average trackday tuition. Being pretty successful racers and keen to help everyone get quicker, whereas most TD tuition offers guidance on lines, being smooth and mechanical sympathy. Anyway brekkie and tuition is pretty good for £25
Old 05-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Chip

Now im not picking i just pointed out underdog was right that most saturdays are £80 and the tuition anit free as he said and as chip said its inc in the 105 cost.

But at llandow i belive tuition is wasted (just my view) as its such a short track with very few bends its very easly mastered by beginers in a very short time even llandow knows this thats why there prices are alot less than other tracks.
You might be surprised what a racer can teach you TBH mate.

Ive been doing trackdays for 20 years now and been to llandow loads of times, and I still got useful input from the tuition off Tony when he came out with me.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:53 PM
The Underdog
you cant fix stupid

are you going chip.il come and watch if your clio is running.id also love to go up against a few more clios(not yours tho chip normal clios lol). who does the tuition? how would the instructors cater for most taking up the tuition.must be more than 1 guy.
i cant make the track day at llandow in june so have to wait till august to go back so just a shame this wasnt sooner as id pay the extra 25 just to get on.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Straight_4_N/a

I don't mean totaly mean wasted i shouldnt have used that word as any kind of tuition for a novice is good and at 20 is good but as i said before with a limited track like llandow not most points can be covered that would be needed for most other tracks and the very limited time thay will be able to spend with people and i would think if 40 people go atlest half will want help which thay would be very pushed to fit in enough time which each person to give them a good idea and would think that 1 or 2 people who wanted tuition wouldnt get it with the limited time aviable.

Just to make it clear what i mean.

For tuition you can't compair what thay can offer in say 30 mins to spending a few hundred pound to spend half a day of tuition from a race driver which i have done but NOBODY can tell you how your car is going to handle or react under some condtionds and beening taught in a race car is a whole other level to a road or track car and back to llandow thay dont know how your car handles or brakes which can cause problems and the race line anit the same as track/road cars as each car is so diffrent sometimes following the line as someone else can cause you to crash, So i cant see much what thay can teach.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:01 AM
Straight_4_N/a

Only pulling your leg mate. To a certain extent you're right but these guys would offer a little bit more than the average trackday tuition. Being pretty successful racers and keen to help everyone get quicker, whereas most TD tuition offers guidance on lines, being smooth and mechanical sympathy. Anyway brekkie and tuition is pretty good for £25
Just making sure you didnt think i thought £1600ish is all thay would get it total lol but to answer your question yes i do, I put in full why i think its not going to be 100% above, Yes tuition is great i had a private tutour for school (youd think i would have rembered how to spell lol) welsh motorcross champoin teach me ground up on motorbikes (family member) over 30 hours tuition in a piper tomahwak rep (out of cardiff airport) and lost count how many hours tuition in karts and race cars and im going to start tuition in difting when i know its safe, so i know the benifits but as ive been told time and time again theres just somethings you have to pick up your self or just have the nack for but yes £20 is good even for 30 mins ( £5 is for the breakfast roll lol )
Old 06-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Straight_4_N/a

You might be surprised what a racer can teach you TBH mate.

Ive been doing trackdays for 20 years now and been to llandow loads of times, and I still got useful input from the tuition off Tony when he came out with me.
You would be surprised that every racer is abit diffrent where some things you learn from one racer is worse than anthers racers tech which theres nothing wrong with any just some tech suit other people better than others and other cars.

Trust me ive been drive and riding like a fool all my life even nearly killed more than once THERES always something new better and in need of input (ie saying thats not totaly right ) and you will always get new/better input from tony aslong as hes racing as every race driver is always evolving there technicne.

What does tbh mean i dont understand that texting junk lol.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Straight_4_N/a

But overall forgetting about the tuition and food i would like to see how my rust bucket holds up against some clios, As in the past with the rusty ive either been pacing the car against bigger cars but with not alot more power than me or cars that are just badly driven (you know which group of lads im talking about who nearly always crash lol )

But i will not be able to make august but the next one i will go to. (underdog knows why)

Last edited by Straight_4_N/a; 06-06-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:42 AM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

^Totally agree with that.
Underdog get on it!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Chip

are you going chip.il come and watch if your clio is running.id also love to go up against a few more clios(not yours tho chip normal clios lol). who does the tuition? how would the instructors cater for most taking up the tuition.must be more than 1 guy.
i cant make the track day at llandow in june so have to wait till august to go back so just a shame this wasnt sooner as id pay the extra 25 just to get on.
Yes Im going mate, probably in the turbo clio.

There are 2 guys giving tuition, so far I havent seen anyone struggle to get their time, even if 20 people want help, thats only 10 sessions during the day required for 2 people, and there are 3 sessions per hour, so no problem there.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Chip

You would be surprised that every racer is abit diffrent where some things you learn from one racer is worse than anthers racers tech which theres nothing wrong with any just some tech suit other people better than others and other cars.

Trust me ive been drive and riding like a fool all my life even nearly killed more than once THERES always something new better and in need of input (ie saying thats not totaly right ) and you will always get new/better input from tony aslong as hes racing as every race driver is always evolving there technicne.

What does tbh mean i dont understand that texting junk lol.
TBH = To Be Honest

Yes Tony has raced clios all over the place and is still racing them now.
Jay was also racing them until last year.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

Still a few places left.
Old 28-08-2013, 09:42 PM
The Underdog
you cant fix stupid

how did you get on?? i was wishing i could nip off from work to pop over as i was in bridgend but sadly i couldnt. any videos on youtube??
Old 28-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Chip

Was properly epic, such a laugh with such closely matched cars.

My mates in their trophy were enjoying the fact their car was a bit a quicker than mine to get revenge for me bearing them at combe, lol.
Old 31-08-2013, 07:20 PM
The Underdog
you cant fix stupid

Was properly epic, such a laugh with such closely matched cars.

My mates in their trophy were enjoying the fact their car was a bit a quicker than mine to get revenge for me bearing them at combe, lol.

for some reason i thought this was on tuesday, doh. i could have come down to watch on sat. damn.

ive seen that vid on youtube chip and they did make me laugh. you wasnt in your turbo then??
Old 01-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Chip

for some reason i thought this was on tuesday, doh. i could have come down to watch on sat. damn.

ive seen that vid on youtube chip and they did make me laugh. you wasnt in your turbo then??
No I was in the mrs new faily, which was totally standard other than some uprated springs.

Hence they were all over me, theirs is stripped right out and remapped and decatted so got a little better power to weight ratio, they are on better dampers and they had better tyres.
Because I'd done llandow before and they hadnt on the twisty bit I was getting away to begin with but once they started to take the same lines, I had no chance against their car.