Shows & Track Days Advertise and arrange your shows and track days in here.

Been & Gone

Old 29-01-2004, 06:33 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Been & Gone

Poxy weather eh?

...still they did tell us last week it would be bad and 2 hours before it was due to kick off the snow came down then just froze to the road In all honesty me and Craig/Moose130 didnt think they'd be hardly anyone if at all there but decided to take a trek down there in his 4x4 go anywhere pick up ( ) to see whats what and who was there.....

As it goes we were quite surprised that so many had turned up considering the roads were more suited to Torvill and Dean ....

Kevin and his mate Seb, Nathan Parker and a few of his mates, Hooked on Boost and some of his mates. All in all there was about 15-20 people that braved it to turn up and Rod Tarry driving his Swedish chariot that could plough through Canary Wharf if needed....nutters eh?

I'm sure there was a 3dr Cossy and an S1 that pulled in the car park at some time, but either couldnt get past the lot playing Pool by the front door or were froze to the steering wheels in their cars

Oh well guys was it worth the trek, you tell me? Feedback on how it was to find and the place itself would be handy and dont worry about saying it how you see it either ..... Even my misses turned up with a dent free BMW

All in all considering the freaky weather it was nice to meet a few more guys off the board and hopefully a few more will start posting seeing as you met a few more faces yourselves.

There will be another one next month and it will be the last Wednesday of the month so hopefully all those that were blocked in by snow/ice of stuck in traffic, etc, etc will be there this time

Nath
Old 29-01-2004, 07:16 AM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would of been there mate... but alas my company dont provide anything to move in this weather.. wheelspinning trying to get up my very very low gradient just to get onto a main road just did not happen but wil be there next month...
Old 29-01-2004, 08:47 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Nath,

sounds like it was a success despite the weather. Well done, sure hope to be able to join you next month.
Old 29-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Will definitely see you there next time guys! I was really gutted i couldnt make it this time!
Old 29-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Nath,Cheers for a top night if not a little cold.We all had a wicked time see you there next month.
Nathan
Old 29-01-2004, 03:19 PM
hooked_on_boost
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Nath! Good night mate shitty weather meant a low turnout but when the summer comes should be all good!

See ya next month

Old 29-01-2004, 06:21 PM
deleted
10K+ Poster!!

Location: learnin to build a yb lump properly in dennis's garage

well done suprised any one came out in that weather glad it went reasonably well for ya im sure next months will be huge
Old 29-01-2004, 10:49 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

gutted i missed it, but glad everyone had a good time.

Will see u next time.
Old 30-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Well Thanks for the feedback on the meet either from on here or by e mail I popped into their yesterday and have spoken to the Landlady and its OK to do it as a permanent venue. It just so happened they had also booked it for a pool match as well, but seen as the weather killed it off a bit it wasnt really a problem

Ran, Frog, Maria & Eagle, see you there next time guys

Nathan, me and Moosey were expecting to pull you out a ditch or house the way you took off ...nutter Oh and I'm an expert on ditches before Craig or Peter pipe up

Cossienuts, once its a bit more established we'll all have to pop over to you

H-O-B, dont forget where the oil level is

Nath
Old 31-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Andreas
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Did you end up in Wokingham or where you somewhere else?

My brother lives a few miles south of Wokingham so i hope i time my next visit to him with PF meet.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Andreas, its about 5 miles away from Wokingham town centre. Next time your over feel free to shout me up and I'll show you where some of the good pubs are
Old 05-02-2004, 10:07 PM
kjc300
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hopefully not so snowy next time, Nath - get the weather booked!!

Search this Thread