Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

temperature gauge nearly hit the red

Old 05-05-2015, 08:19 PM
cossie91
Virgin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default temperature gauge nearly hit the red

hi, i have recently got my 4x4 sapphire back on the roar, it was running an old style stage 3, i.e. greens stage 3 chip, 3 bar map sensor and so on. the car was running 22psi before it came off the road (due to someone else making the gearbox go bang). i have fitted all new sensors and gaskets, new polished tanks, group a oil breather system and new airtec radiator and fans and 500 cooler. on a run out on bank holiday monday, i was driving watching the gauges as all cossie drivers do, and i watched the temperature gauge slowly creep past r and then into o then past o and then into n, so i pulled over to let everthing cool down, after ten mins i checked the coolant and it was full (over both holes in the tank). the fans were on when i pulled over and stayed on for a few mins, but i am sure if i kept going i would have boiled my engine, could anybody please give any advice. also when i got home the abs pump was running all the time even after i switched the enbgine off and took the keys out. help needed. cheers Ash