Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Does any body on here no of any 1 that restores recaro seats out of my series 1

Old 28-12-2012, 09:07 AM
dean richardson
Part of the Furniture

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does any body on here no of any 1 that restores recaro seats out of my series 1

Looking for some 1 to restore my front seats out of my series 1 rs turbo as they are warn and I don't want to put different seats in it as I want to keep the originals
Old 28-12-2012, 09:08 AM
whizzisat114
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Where are you in the country?
Old 28-12-2012, 09:14 AM
dean richardson
Part of the Furniture

Am at York buddy
Old 28-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

To be honest mate if they need recovering you've got no chance whatsoever of getting hold of any of the cloth - that ran out years back. And if you do find some somewhere that someone has stored, you'll pay through the nose to buy it as people know what it's worth. If originality is what you want, you'll need to find a decent set of seats to replace yours.

Or do yours just need new bolsters etc and the cloth is fine ?
Old 28-12-2012, 09:38 AM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

It's pretty easy to rebuild them from 2 worn seats and a good passenger seat or 2,I have done it loads and not just swapping the top halfs over so the winder is on the wrong side,I mean completely stripping the good bits from 1 and fitting to your frames.
The bit that sticks most folk is the headrests,there's a big r clip that stops them coming out,unclip the hooks between the top of the inside section of the seat and the outer and this reveals the r clips.
If you can do general maintenance to your car then rebuilding these is easy.
Old 28-12-2012, 10:08 AM
dean richardson
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by Mr S1
To be honest mate if they need recovering you've got no chance whatsoever of getting hold of any of the cloth - that ran out years back. And if you do find some somewhere that someone has stored, you'll pay through the nose to buy it as people know what it's worth. If originality is what you want, you'll need to find a decent set of seats to replace yours.

Or do yours just need new bolsters etc and the cloth is fine ?
Thanks for the advice and my seats arn't that bad just worn on the drivers bolster the foam is ok just wanted it patched up . But if it is going to be a nightmare then I will just try and find some seats that are in better condition
Old 28-12-2012, 10:09 AM
dean richardson
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by 155lee
It's pretty easy to rebuild them from 2 worn seats and a good passenger seat or 2,I have done it loads and not just swapping the top halfs over so the winder is on the wrong side,I mean completely stripping the good bits from 1 and fitting to your frames.
The bit that sticks most folk is the headrests,there's a big r clip that stops them coming out,unclip the hooks between the top of the inside section of the seat and the outer and this reveals the r clips.
If you can do general maintenance to your car then rebuilding these is easy.
Thanks for the advice mate going to see if I can get a set of seats now seems its not going to be worth my while
Old 28-12-2012, 10:46 AM
mattcroft
Part of the Furniture

maybe try http://www.auto-trim.co.uk/vehicle-trimming.html
Old 28-12-2012, 10:54 AM
dean richardson
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by mattcroft
Nice 1 buddy I will give him a bell when I get home cheers
Old 31-12-2012, 12:37 PM
AstoN_B
An eye for detail...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dean richardson
Thanks for the advice and my seats arn't that bad just worn on the drivers bolster the foam is ok just wanted it patched up . But if it is going to be a nightmare then I will just try and find some seats that are in better condition
If its just the bolster cloth thats worn, not the pattern stuff then any good trimmer should be able to match it from stock.

Had my 3i seat repaired when the foam had gone and started to flatten the cloth. Looked like new when he'd finished. Used a slightly firmer foam too and added a backing to stop it happening again too quick. Same with underneath where the support wires were cutting into the foam base.
Old 31-12-2012, 12:58 PM
dean richardson
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by AstoN_B
If its just the bolster cloth thats worn, not the pattern stuff then any good trimmer should be able to match it from stock.

Had my 3i seat repaired when the foam had gone and started to flatten the cloth. Looked like new when he'd finished. Used a slightly firmer foam too and added a backing to stop it happening again too quick. Same with underneath where the support wires were cutting into the foam base.
Nice 1 buddy yeh it's just on the arm bolster that's worn through just trying to get every thing done cos I am restoring the car like Nd to be honest its been a nightmare
Old 31-12-2012, 06:14 PM
russ rs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bromsgrove trimmers