Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Mk2 orion rs turbo going 2.0 16v zetec

Search this Thread

Old 13-11-2012, 10:39 PM
BLUEORIONRSTURBO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk2 orion rs turbo going 2.0 16v zetec

Hi all restoring my orion turbo f reg..rebuilt the full car replacing,both rear quarter panels which were very had to come across,inner rear wheel arch tubs,inner and outer sills,boot floor back panel,floors pans os,front wings x2 front panel now just in need of a full re paint,but before this ive removed rs turbo engine and planning on doing a full 2.0 16v zetec conversion and posting it on here for all to see step by step....anyone know what sort of a job this would be?? im a self employed mechanic and got all gear to sort it with
Old 13-11-2012, 10:46 PM
primedog
PassionFord Regular

fair play to ya mate, sounds like its gonna be minty fresh! theres alot of info on the net for a zetec conversion.... inner wing engine mount needs modding, alternator and bracket needs to be cvh (change pulley tho).... exhaust will need mating up at bulkhead area..... just basics to think about.
wiring wise make sure u get non PATS engine and loom n ecu, makes life easier! make a fuel pump relay loom up, wiring in the loom is pretty easy even i managed it (under supervision lol) just google it and ul find the diagram to follow.

u got any pics for us??? open a photobucket account, upload em from ther n its easy to get em on here then!!
Old 13-11-2012, 10:51 PM
BLUEORIONRSTURBO

pretty clued up on the fitting part pal...wel i think i am ha ha...NO thats not gonna a the problem just the wiring part,,i got loads of the car been panelled up ie rotten then new panels been fitted step by step,,,whats best section to put them on?
Old 13-11-2012, 10:55 PM
primedog
PassionFord Regular

sweet. theres a section for restoration and rebuilds.... get all the pics up and a bit mor of a write up, plans and history etc. loads of helpful people on here so wen ur into the wiring side of things ul hav advice at hand! plus any parts u might need.