Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Fiesta rs turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 07:51 PM
mgsdetail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta rs turbo.

Evening all. I was going to sell the Fiesta due to having to many cars plotted about the place and the fact I never really use it, but in the end it's going to stay with me.
Looking to have it all sorted by the middle of next year. I'm not going all minty and original but a well built fastroad/track car to have some fun with.
I got started today and got from this,

To this,

Took about 4 hours.
As you can see the engine bay is quite clean with little bit of surface rust dotted about the place. Most of the front end will be getting seam welded and some supports gusset along with a welded strut brace.
Going to be making up a rollcage but I doubt it will be a full one more likely just a half cage in the back to stiffen things up a little. Everything I can will be stripped out the inside and the dash cut down and flocked. Still going to be keeping the front elec windows but might replace the rears with the polycarbonate type.
Will update when I next get some work done on it and some new bits come via the post man.
Thanks Mark
mgsdetail

Well after sitting around all day thinking do I really want to go the zetec way and get rid of the cvh, i'm now 100% sure i'm going to stick with the cvh. So sure, I started to take it apart
Starting,

Pistons out,

All boxed up,

Very good unground crank,

Going to be ordering some HD bearing and piston rings, getting the bore honed and the block decked.
As the pistons all already forged low comp in near new con with arps rod bolt, i'll be taking the engine up to about 200bhp.
Thanks Mark.
mgsdetail

Had the afternoon off so started stripping the inside out for the cage to be welded in and sorting out the wiring.

Need to make up some door cards, cut the dash and fit gauges. Looking at fixed bucket seats at the moment, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPARCO-BUC...item588640ab27.
Also going to be mounting a fuel tank in the boot and running the line inside.
Thanks Mark.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:52 PM
mgsdetail

So as it's the half-term and schools are off i've beenlooking after the little one, so while she plays in the workshop with some air tools (I'm joking about play with tools) I started to sort out the body work on the Fiesta.
Front wing is not that bad but got a new one on order.

Rear arch needs a small repair but i've seen alot worse on a 20 year old ford.

Rear panel has 1 little hole which will be welded.

Didn't have time to take the kit of the N/S today but i'm guessing it will be the same as the O/S. So around £100 in panels needed and a blow over to make the body mint again, so in total it's going to cost me £6-800.
Thanks Mark.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Jimbob2479
Has officially lost it!

Gonna keep an eye on this thread pal! Looks like a smart project! Wish i had the time & money to do my own! Keep us updated MGS!