A bit about me and the car. Always loved racing, and I as near my 30's I thought it was time I stopped wasting money, grow some balls and go-racing...
Ended up with "Zippy" after plenty of saving:
Mk3.5, RS1800, Welded in cage, Coilovers (LEDA) etc.
Bought it not working; needed a new ECU. Eventually found the right one, and its not starting yet- seems not to want to fire up. Looking into it.
Anyway, heres what I dont/didnt have:
1) Storage space- so rented a garage.
2)A trailer- got it transported over via flat bed. Need to buy one when I can.
3) I can not tow on my licence- so need to do a B+E test.
4) Dont have much mechanical knowledge so been asking around for help- getting there.
5) A national B MSA race licence- to do.
6) Get welds on roll cage re-sprayed.
7) Get body work sorted after a few track days.
8) Rust proof underside with hammerite.
11) Full fluid service.
1) ECUs. Eventually got a 2FBC.
2) Some 15 inch steel rims- hopefully get some cheaper tyres.
3) Some list 1b tyres- got some R888s off eBay cheap (ish!).
Lets see if I can enter a race before the years end; will do a few track days before hand.
Enjoy- will try to keep the project updated when I get chance!