Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Project Stealth!

Search this Thread

Old 25-06-2011, 11:54 PM
gib77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Stealth!

Hi so as ya all know i posted up a few pics of my new FRST, an said in the post i was goin to start up a thread in here
so here it goes but befor i get started i will apoligise for my rubbish spelling as me an that crap dont match lol and also i do get carried away with
talking abit to much as jay knows.

Right so here goes to cut a long story short back when i was 17 i brought my first car which was a little blue fiesta 3 door 1.1 popular plus,
and within a month i ripped out the ecotech 1.1 an replaced it whith a 2i lump. i had a complete donner car an just transfed it all within a weekend.
A year later the head gaskit went an at the time i had brought a FRST head with cam an also head work done on it from my mate at melnie engineering so slapped it
on an it went sweet BUT 8 months later gaskit went again
with that gone i decided to go all out an do a full turbo conversion an i did so took me about 2 years due to ime not a get loan boy i work for the money i spend.
I got it all up an running but due to a drastic career change i had to strip her

A few years later i was told a mate of mine had a black FRST which he was umming and areinggg about selling it so gave him a bell went over had a cuppa saw the car
and melted haha. When i was buildiing my first one i always had the final idea and picture of what it was going to look like plus i also brought a zvh engin already built
of a mate which was going to go in it.
plus i was going to make it look as stealth as possable black as black can be but also a monstor.

When i saw this car it was like fate as everything about it was all my ideas right there an then.

when i picked her up it was pissing it down an has been ever since but have managed to get a good look over the whole car an what ive found is that all the time an effort had been spent on the
engin an engin only and nothing else has been touched.
altho it has avo coilys cossie fronts its all in old not so good condition .

first things first there was a s**t ton of play in the steering wheel and handeled like a box so checked for play in the wheels then checked the rack and bingo! so at 10 30pm last night i started ripping it
of "10 30 pm you say" because i spent the first part of the evening reconing my mates rear calipers as the were shagged big time.

befor i started taking the track rod ends of look what i found......

and looking over the rest of the car thats just the start of it but gonna leave all of that untill the winter, for now ime just gonna get it up to scratch for the summer fun.

new rack, drop links, track rod ends, UJ

Got all that on while my trusty helper was well...... he had been up since 7am then driving for 4 hours

all bolted up

so tomorow is another day its a good start to a big project i will stick up my plans for the engin next week.

thanks oli
Old 26-06-2011, 08:40 AM
zippyobrien
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice looking motor,

just done the same work on a mates white rs turbo, looked mint when we got it, ended up changing,
front drop links,
rack
genuine wishbones,
track rod ends
anti roll bar bushes
shocks and spring alround
front calipers , discs and pads,
rear wheel bearing and shoes
valve stem seals
roof lining
wiring loom
carpet