PassionFord      

Go Back   PassionFord > Main area > Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects.
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos KBase Gold & Trader Accounts FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageVendor Directory
Search
Welcome to PassionFord

Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

submit to reddit

Old 04-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
evilevans_RS
Virgin

Trader Score: (0)
Talking Sierra Cosworth cyrstal blue build up!

This is my first go at posting a thread and was thinking about doing it with my sierra cossy as im putting it back together. i only bought it around 2weeks ago and it is my first go at anything cosworth!! i have had a series 2 rs turbo fo a long while now that i bought when i was alot younger so have been messing about with that for years and kind of know them inside out...
I have always wanted a cossy so i finally decided to go and get one that needed a bit of tinkering with... I wanted mainly a 2wd that i could eventually chop the floor out of n put into an XR3I shell that i have, but came accross this car and have ended up wanting to keep it as is!
The sierra is a 2wd crystal blue with cloth interior and is complete minus the engine. The engine i got with the car is a 200 block blue top with greens and l----- something ecu....
i started messing about with it the last couple of days just cleaning it up ready to get it back together. It is going to be used as a bit of a track day car for now as I have no chance of insuring it!! My RS turbo should keep me occupied for now untill i get this running!
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.I was messing round cleaning the engine bay today before and afterClick the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Cant seem to upload any more piccys but got some of the engine and other bits i will put on tomorrow. will hopefully be moving the engine towards the car in the next couple of days!!
Click the image to open in full size.
If you were logged in, you wouldn't be seeing this ad!
Register your free account today, or log in if you already have an account.
evilevans_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
ram
Has a large member

Trader Score: (4)
Ram_RS

Bay looks alright after a clean up!

Looks a good base

2013 C250cdi AMG Sport coupe
1989 2wd saph cosworth
ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
sweetpea

keep the pictures coming.

nice to see you're building the saff, a rare colour to be hacking up.

did you travel upto Scotland for it?? looks very similar to one that was in Bathgate
sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
evilevans_RS
Virgin

i was planning on doing this regularly but been messing round with me rs turbo rather than the cossy.. i hate sump gaskets!!!
i did start cleaning up the engine but only got pics of before i started so looks rather sorry for itself!! should hopefully finish it off and get ready to drop it in and put it back together! got a fair few things missing so going to start hunting some bits down....
I wasted a bit more time on my nova redtop aswell... been meaning to finish that off and get it running but as all projects go!!!
here are a few pictures of the engine and that daft little nova!
evilevans_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:19 PM
PassionFord
Ford Focus

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit

Tags