Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Sierra Cosworth cyrstal blue build up!

Old 04-05-2011, 10:54 PM
evilevans_RS
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Sierra Cosworth cyrstal blue build up!

This is my first go at posting a thread and was thinking about doing it with my sierra cossy as im putting it back together. i only bought it around 2weeks ago and it is my first go at anything cosworth!! i have had a series 2 rs turbo fo a long while now that i bought when i was alot younger so have been messing about with that for years and kind of know them inside out...
I have always wanted a cossy so i finally decided to go and get one that needed a bit of tinkering with... I wanted mainly a 2wd that i could eventually chop the floor out of n put into an XR3I shell that i have, but came accross this car and have ended up wanting to keep it as is!
The sierra is a 2wd crystal blue with cloth interior and is complete minus the engine. The engine i got with the car is a 200 block blue top with greens and l----- something ecu....
i started messing about with it the last couple of days just cleaning it up ready to get it back together. It is going to be used as a bit of a track day car for now as I have no chance of insuring it!! My RS turbo should keep me occupied for now untill i get this running!
I was messing round cleaning the engine bay today before and afterCant seem to upload any more piccys but got some of the engine and other bits i will put on tomorrow. will hopefully be moving the engine towards the car in the next couple of days!!
Old 05-05-2011, 02:45 PM
ram
Has a large member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Bay looks alright after a clean up!

Looks a good base
Old 05-05-2011, 09:52 PM
sweetpea

keep the pictures coming.

nice to see you're building the saff, a rare colour to be hacking up.

did you travel upto Scotland for it?? looks very similar to one that was in Bathgate
Old 09-05-2011, 09:19 PM
evilevans_RS
Virgin

i was planning on doing this regularly but been messing round with me rs turbo rather than the cossy.. i hate sump gaskets!!!
i did start cleaning up the engine but only got pics of before i started so looks rather sorry for itself!! should hopefully finish it off and get ready to drop it in and put it back together! got a fair few things missing so going to start hunting some bits down....
I wasted a bit more time on my nova redtop aswell... been meaning to finish that off and get it running but as all projects go!!!
here are a few pictures of the engine and that daft little nova!