Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

My 3dr xr4i cosworth replica

Search this Thread

Old 27-11-2010, 04:16 AM
Orionz
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 3dr xr4i cosworth replica

Hi Ford Fans ! Greetings from Latvia. I am 19 years old , and currently I am studying in a University , sp I don't have a lot of cash to spend on my car , but I am trying

And this is my Ford sierra xr4i cosworth replica it's 1983 I think this is the only one in whole Latvia because mk1 cosworth's in Latvia were quite rare so not much parts to get , but in about a year i have almost the whole kit.
A little story before , so i bought this car from a friend in 19.04.2009 , it was full stock , quite rusty but the price was only 284 gbp(i converted the price from LVL to GPB) .
First thought was to make it simple daily car , but you know when you start with a ford , it wont be so simple
So picture from the first day:

Ofcourse a lot of welding was done , but overall i was happy with this car.
Engine runned well but it was a litlle noisy because of old waterpump and alternators bearings and old belts. So I replaced them and the only sound that left was V6 lovely sound.

After a while got this bumper , got it again for a bargain only 47 gpb and yes , it is origional cosworth not a fiber replica.

Got also Recaro seats from 3dr coswoth for cheap price if i remember it was 15 gpb for both.

After those updates I cruised with ford like for a half of year. And the another bargain got the bonnet vents and whale taile for about 50gpb.
[Sorry , have lost the pictures of them]

After instaling these parts I realised that I need to repaint the car , because all of these parts were in different colour, it looked like a clown car . So i repainted all the car In black.
One picture with random 17" rims (no sideskirts on car)

So and how does it looked in this summer. Those blue stickers were only for thew weeks . Also now i got origional cosworth front grill in pictures not instaled.

And now plans for this winter.

*Replace the engine , because the 2.8 is too week and heavy.
*Install disc brakes on rear.
*Repaint it again
*Build coustom rally style interiour.
*Get somewhere cosworth sideskirts

And some random pictures from progress.

Old 27-11-2010, 06:52 AM
1cosworth
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

nice car mate!and cause not many in latvia ,and also in greece ,you should restore it and keep itthe way it is.good luck
Old 27-11-2010, 07:43 AM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice worrk mate
Old 27-11-2010, 10:35 AM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 144 Likes on 133 Posts

nice to see you on here mate welcome
Old 27-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Orionz
Virgin

Tnx for the good words

Maybe someone could give me advice about the engine ? Because as i wrote the 2.8 is weak and the k-jet fuel injection is driving me nuts.

I really would like to find an 2.0 turbo cosworth engine , but I think that's impossible to find it in Latvia. So maybe some alternatives ?