Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

"saleen project" st200 cougar

Search this Thread

Old 24-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Chaz888
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "saleen project" st200 cougar

hi all thought I would do some posts over the next few weeks on my cougar v6 to st200 engine swop .So far the engine has arrived and its time for a clean up and to cheak its the real thing wot to look for is the yellow tagging done by ford at the factory (iv found my factory build manual) first thing to note is black rockers and inlet manafold plus svt on the TB next is a knock sensor at the rear of the block, All was as it should be, sweet ! next was a part strip down to check more, rocker covers off and found cams in good order and with correct yellow bands ,next plugs out and check colour all good too and thare factory fit AWSF 22 FS with a purple tabing on top , next was the LIM which has 34/35 bores and dual fuel line same as the cougar so this helps make the swop easyer and I noticed the extruded honed inlets to go along with the UIM last check will be yellow tabing on the fly wheel as this is lighter than standard few! all good so far as for clean up its a scrub down with diesel and leave it .
Now the wiring i have the engine and ECU loom with the keys yet to come for the PATS system this is just a mater of checking and a re-wrap so i need to do pinouts for the main connectors, as a final thought im tempted to take off the sump and check the bearing as iv heard they can fail but would like to just get on and fit it cant wait!!!!!!ps will post pics soon later all.