Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Fiesta mk5

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 07:34 PM
FiestaFREAK92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta mk5

hi as some of you may no i had a mk4 which was my first car was an warrior but ran out of MOT, didnt bother to put it through as i new it wouldnt pass as there was holes all around the floor and had done miles after miles so has to go. Its currently sat in my garage in bits ready for scrapper . Here it is in my last post https://passionford.com/forum/restorations-rebuilds-and-projects/344464-ford-gti-alloys-referb-project-fezza.html

So i spent several weeks searching for a new car and was contenplating on gettingn a nova as my brother recently bought 1 and found them quite fun. However i also wanted either a mk1 or 2 fiesta but last friday bought this:

Spec:
Fiesta MK5 3dr zetec 1242cc
Has covered 70543 miles T+T
Lowered 40mm on OMP's
immobiliser
Alarm
Fog's
PAS
Alloy wheels
CD player and 6x9's
k&n Induction kit
Part serviced
around £1000 came to

Plans are:
  • ZS front and rear bumpers
  • Strut braced
  • full service
  • Add my previous alloys
  • Full waxoyl underneath
  • Paint drums
  • Wire speakers and change CD player
  • Cold air feed
  • Add old exhaust
  • Maybe full stainless steel
  • HID
  • de-tango headlights or get angel eyes
  • Work on interior not usre yet what to do.
The day after i bought it i took drums off to check shoes and seemed fine loads off life left in them and so whilst they were off painted them black with hammite rust to metal black.
sorry should have taken wheels off to show.

Once i had these done added my GTi alloys and then set to engine as it had a missfire so checked leads fine plugs fine coil pack fine . The previous owner gave me the old air filter back so added this back on and solved the problem.

Also got the car washed and polished end result was better than i thought .

Day after rust removing!

put the car on stands and with a wire brush and a strong hand = no more rust haha. after going over the car with the wire brush i then used waxoyl to prevent any more rust occuring. Both driver and passenger footwells had quite abit of rust but iv caught it early.

waxoyld

As you can see i removed the spare wheel clamp as this had broken from the rust, so luckly i used my old one painted it and hooked it back on . Also took exhaust off, was too rotten and full of water added my ZS one and fits nicely! will probs add this one later.

The next job was to sort the audio out so i wired the rear speakers up and found a cloth stuffed into the back of one of the speakers . Added my old cd player and seems ok to me.

This is how she is at the moment:

Think lights need attention now will either de-tango or add angel eyes.

Car has hardly no rust as drivers arch was been prevously taken out and new 1 welded back, seems a brill job. Only slight rust on pas door.

Will update soon
comments appriciated thanks scott.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Good base for a project keep us updated

Have a look on www.fiestaclubgb.co.uk there a few Mk5 owners on there

Brian
Old 12-05-2010, 05:27 PM
FiestaFREAK92

Chears mate just subscribed now, also is there anything i can do to enhance the power on the 1.25 engine apart from induction? thanks scott
Old 15-05-2010, 11:32 PM
FiestaFREAK92

also today i de-tangod the headlights which is a big improvement, what next?? want to do something with the engine ?? any ideas.