Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

my mk1 - first project!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 12:13 AM
skatinrocker
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my mk1 - first project!

Hello all!

This is going to be my first ever project and hopefully not my last. My mk1 is my 5th Ford i've owned since i past my test in november 2007 and certainly my favourite so far!
The basic idea is for it to be a road going track car and it will hopefully house a 1700 x-flow or zetec engine in the near future!

Here are a few pics i've uploaded before whilst its still standard:

Right first things first! The brakes are absolutley sh*te so need an upgrade - xr2 brakes!

Got these xr2 calipers from a breakers at a decent price, just need a good clean up etc and they'll be great

Got some EBC green stuff pads and some drilled/grooved discs on the way too!

There's a hell of a lot of body roll which needs to be taken care of and the car sits quite high. New shocks and springs please!

Monroe front shocks (going to sort some rears out asap):

Ordered myself some 50mm springs too which will make it sit nicely on some 13's. Waiting for them to arrive!

Went to ashley exhausts today too to fit a temporary exhaust as i'll get a full stainless system when i eventually get the new engine. I helped custom fit an xr2 system to the 1.1 downpipe which was a bit of a pain. Seemed to fit ok though apart from that. Its just a mild steel system with 2 1/4 inch pipework and 2 boxes. It has a 3" round tailpipe which looks right and the system has a nice roar to it. Will upload pics tomorrow and maybe a video soon. Took a pic whilst the old exhaust was on though and it shows the condition of the car underneath:

and yes, the hand brake does need adjusting

There is a lot more to come and i'm doing lots n lots of overtime to pay for it all. Keep an eye out!