Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

(JUMBO)-My Van Build (30/10/08) Project No2 in the making...

Search this Thread

Old 30-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Jumbo
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (JUMBO)-My Van Build (30/10/08) Project No2 in the making...

Well as Coley's Cossie is near to completion, we need something to do over the winter.
After running around in a thirsty old volvo estate i done a deal with a lad local to me for the van. Happy days!
Its not a minter but its solid in the right places, there's no dinks in the body work and its economical!
The reason for the van is for to and from work, something we can go to the scrap yard in and picking up bits from various places, general A-2-B etc.

Plans are
:Respray
:Wheels
:Lowered
:New trim (Already Fitted)
:Carpet back end out
:Change front bumper

Probably have more to add as project progress'

Here is the van as it stands....

Right, as you can see it looks abit horrific at the momment but as time goes on it should all come together.

Coley was good enough to give up last weekend for me and sort out the cabin area.
I don't have any 'Before' pics but i can say i wouldn't of put a dog in there, nevermind a human!! Was well shitty.
Anyway, changed the dash, carpet (as it used to be a vinyl rubber) and put some decent seats in it.

Seats were abit of a pain but Coley soon got his head round it and heres the end result. Many thanks to Just Affords Rugeley for the Bargain seats and Hoppers ScrapYard Witton .

Now i can actually get in the van without getting dirty, the next step will probably be moving onto the body work to get some sort of paint on it!

This thread will be by no means as big as our last one, but its nice to see the photo history of the build and get feedback off you lot, which i thankyou on behalf of myself and Coley as it helped him along to build whats in his garage now!

More updates to follow shortly with a bit of luck

Last edited by Jumbo; 30-10-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 30-10-2008, 06:20 PM
rostill2007
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

should be good judging by the last project keep the updates coming
Old 30-10-2008, 06:44 PM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 144 Likes on 133 Posts

Well here we go agen mate . its a shame we didnt take any photos befor we tuck the dash out as it was sheded inside . weve still got the door cards to put on next weekend JUMBO . O and this van has a TURBO MOTOR in it .
Old 30-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Jumbo
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by COLEYST200
Well here we go agen mate . its a shame we didnt take any photos befor we tuck the dash out as it was sheded inside . weve still got the door cards to put on next weekend JUMBO . O and this van has a TURBO MOTOR in it .
DIESEL POWER!
I agree Coley, the trim was disgusting.
Just updated your 3dr thread mate!