Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Need some advice on a 2,8 capri, do i buy it or not

Search this Thread

Old 21-08-2008, 08:07 PM
robertthorpe
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice on a 2,8 capri, do i buy it or not

Hi, i have the chance of buying a 1983 2,8 v6 injection capri cheap, its in silver the interoir is mint but on the out side it needs a repaint to bring it back to its former glory, iam only 18 and nooo way can i afford the insurance so i was thinking i would buy it and try and make a nice profit on it so i have 2 choices: so i can either paint it and make her look mint the good thing about that is iam in the bodywork trade so i could do the work forthe price of my materials but i cannot yet paint but thats not a a problem as my boss can, then tax and MOT it and put it up forr sale for well about 2,500-3,000 but this is obviously time consuming; OR i can buy it and just give it a mop over spruce it up tax and MOT it and try to sell it for about 1,650 but can i get that money for it because i dont know what there worth
Or i dont buy it at all no skin off my nose (although i love these motors and would love to say i have owned one + get some more personal experiance!

What do i do

thanks
rob
Old 22-08-2008, 12:09 PM
tobyjug_1988
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you can afford the time n a bit of money and still intend to make a profit then fuck it go for it. least you can always say you owned a capri