Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

My little Ka

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Frankie
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My little Ka

Well after owning numerous cars,the time came to look for something reliable and fairly cheap to run,yet still be fun to drive.I'd already had my fix of fun from the mk2 XR2 before but now I wanted something sensible.
I'd driven a Ka once before and loved it,was impressed with the way it pulled up hills and the way it went round corners.
I started looking at secondhand examples but they all seemed to have something wrong,dents or scratches.I went down to Ford thinking I'd find a better example there.Found a lovely state blue Ka,back home I went to get my dad to come down and have a look that evening.He ended up persuading me to look at a brand new one instead.
I remember reading through the brochures constantly,reading all I could on the web,went in,started telling them what I wanted,thy tried to tell me that there wasn't a glass power sunroof,I insisted that there was and eventually they saw the light.I ended up getting nearly all the options,minus abs and passenger airbag.They then tried to talk me into option and finance but I decided to pay outright in cash,which I think alarmed them a little lol
So after a 3 month wait due to all the options on the Ka I eventually got it.After many attempts by the dealeer to get me to take a different colour or lose the sunroof.I knew what I wanted and here is is,one week old and just returned from its maiden voyage to Newquay,not a bad way to break in a car.

The intention was to keep this car standard,I'd always fiddled with my other cars but this was to remain a standard 2002 Ka Collection.
Oops,6 months later it was rolling on chromed Team Dynamics Monzas that I'd kept from the XR2.A little while longer and I decided the chrome was too much so I resprayed the wheels black.This was how it stayed for anotheer 6 months or so,then I lowered it 35mm with some Pi springs.The car was looking a lot better now.

I then added some smoked rear lights I got off from SykaTurbos old Ka
Old 03-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Frankie

Next I took it to RSR in Redhill and had a Stainless exhaust system fitted.
Well by now I was fairly happy with the Ka,I added a strut brace and K&N filter also,the strut brace made so much difference but I still wanted more.
So I got these...

Which ended up as this with the help of a new set of wheels

Old 03-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Frankie

Interior wise it ended up with 2x12" Kenwood subs each with a Kenwood 800watt amp,uprated door speakers,Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD headunit,car pc,Corbeau Carreras in black,momo race steering wheel,carbon effect dash surround from Ford accessories catalogue,gear knob from a streetKa and changed the colour of all interior lights.It stayed like this for some time until I decided it was time to treat my baby a little more.
I got this so I could free up the Ka to come off the road.

Last pic today,these are what its rolling on at the moment

More pics tmoz
Old 03-08-2007, 08:42 PM
dave green
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its looking good
Old 03-08-2007, 10:34 PM
patch

looks good mate!! rs turbo it
Old 03-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Frankie

Its getting a new lump but its def not gonna be an RS turbo
Old 03-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Twins
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 117 Likes on 109 Posts

Nice clean looking ka
Old 04-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Frankie

this is how its looking now

Old 06-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Frankie

I had a little off at xmas in it,just wondering what people think about stripping the underside of the car and painting over with hammerite.Whats considered the best way of protecting it?
Old 12-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Frankie

I've been a bit lame as far as doing things on the Ka is concerned.I did manage to get some gauges for it though which will be put in place soon.Not sure I'll keep them though yet.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats LOW!