Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Another Ka RS Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 23-04-2007, 01:18 PM
SyKaTurbo
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Ka RS Turbo

Its been a while since I have posted on here.

Here is a link to my previous project which met a premature end.

https://passionford.com/forum/viewto...er=asc&start=0

I then built one for a mate. But he recently decided he wanted to part with it. So I decided it was too good of an oppertunity to pass up.

So I picked it up with the intention of just fixing it up and running it for a bit. But things kinda went out of control. The following is a bit muddled as its taken from posts on another site.

It looked like this:

Basic spec on this car at the moment

Engine:
1600CVH
0.5mm oversized pistons
Piper Cam Kit
Piper Pulley
Fully rebuilt head
Modded Cossie Intercooler
GRS custom rad to my specs with Pacet 10" fan
Superchip 165 chip and 13psi boost
Poorflow exhaust.
Lots of custom bits to get it to bolt into the Ka nicely

Suspension:
G-MAX

Brakes:
Puma conversion

Wheels:
Ford Racing multispoke wrapped in Yoko A539

Interior:
Sparco Corsa Seats
Willians Harnesses
Flocked Dash
Smiths Rev counter, oil pressure, boost and water temp guage
Air charge temp guage.

Got this at home on my drive now. Removed most of the wiring loom ready to be redone and make sure its working properly. I'll be dropping the engine out to clean it and refit it all next weekend.

Here are some pics of what I have been up to:

Battery relocation stuff

Flocked Dash removed to get access to sound deadening and all the wiring loom for lightening. Was going to leave it out but the steering column needs it for strength.

Me hard at work

Took some nitromors to my nitrous bottle

Stripped the strengthening from the Ka Dash to put back in to support the column but also the center is nice and flat to panel and mount the guages in.

Nice and lightweight dash. Just need to sort all the loom out now and get a load of P clips so I can attach it to the frame.

Gaffa taped the dials to the frame for now lol

I want to use Porsche calipers so got hold of some discs that would fit my car. ST170 300mm and Mondeo V6 278mm. Also grabbed some Porsche Boxster Front and rear pads to see how they would sweep.

300mm Discs

Rear Pads are way to small for that disc and the Fronts look okay but the caliper may catch.

278mm Discs

Front pad is waaay to big but the smaller one seems fine so time to buy some Porsche Boxster Rear Calipers.

The good thing about these is the fluid transfer tube and bleed nipples can be switched so the calipers can be mounted which ever way I need.

I then bought some plexiglass windows on my quest for lightness. These will be arriving in about two weeks.

Decided as there is no dash to direct air flow through the car that I would just remove the whole heater matrix. Its a big heavy thing.

Also bolted the battery box into position. Made sure it wasnt going anywhere under heavy braking and that in a crash it wouldnt be affected by impact.

First off - Porsche Brakes. I went and picked up my Boxster rear calipers and instantly thought " oh bollocks. These are pretty big and never going to fit behind the 15s" Anyway. Got them home and had a play

First off, tried them for size on the disc. Seem a good fit

The try the pads in there for the sweep. Still all good

Disc on the hub with the caliper placed over. Very close round the back so the brackets will be small. Gonna need to think about that one.

Wheel over the caliper and disc. Seems a very snug fit. Very tight up to the back of the spokes and a snug fit on the internal rim.

Overall i'm very happy about how they will fit. Just need to knock some wooden brackets up for machining and have the custom lines made and they will bolt straight in.

RS Turbo engines in a Ka may have been done a few times now but Porsche brakes! I doubt that one lol.
Old 23-04-2007, 01:59 PM
JezSierra
happy with that

ive got some genuine 996 turbo discs and pads for sale if ur interested used but plenty of life in them pm if interested

projects looking good mate
Old 23-04-2007, 03:44 PM
patch
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

same as my old 1 wish id ov put the turbo engine in like you!!
bet it loads a fun :