Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

XR2 Rebuild, advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Marc97
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XR2 Rebuild, advice needed

I'm about to start a FULL rebuild/resto on my F plate XR2 (which is looking quite sorry for itself) and wondered where is the best place to get panels from. I'm currently wondering whether to replace the rear arches or the full wing, what do you guys think?
I have seen some rear wings that stop at the bottom of the rear pillar and I have seen some that include the rear pillar, where do I get the full one from?
If I wanted to restore it back to an 'as new' condition, is it worth more if all the panels are gen Ford or will patten repair panels do?
If its Ford only, where do I get these from (I'll assume Ford will be the answer here but I'll see what peeps say )

I'll be posting some pics soon, its still complete at the moment including the bodykit but after checking it over it needs :- ns/os rear lower corners, ns/os rear inner & outer wheel arches, boot floor, ns/os outer sills, ns/os inner wings, os outer wing, front panel. It will probably need floors too but I haven't checked as yet.

So, not much work to do but I got time and resources and after racing these little things round the short ovals for a couple of years I've decided I want an 'as new' one.

Cheers.
Old 14-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Rolls
PassionFord Post Troll

ans on xrtwo.com chap - very good fes site with its own forum too
Old 25-10-2006, 02:56 AM
Marc97
Virgin

Probably better off asking for advice on how to fit neons or the legalilty of furry dice LOL.

Cheers Rolls, I'll see if I get any joy on there.