Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

2.0i turbo project.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 07:11 PM
TurboFlush
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.0i turbo project.

@ foreigneRS: as I said before,... havnt had to use the motor yet. it sits in my buddies storage area. half tempted though to 4x4 the pinto block. LOL

The rebuilt 2.8 is holding together great. lots of power, not as much as some cars on the autobahn but enough to keep up with a good deal of em. sounds great to. I use the Scorpio as a daily driver... sad part is that it eats fuel... especially when you get on the gas!

The Sierra 2.0i turbo is for the most part done. during the pre tunning phase the fuel pump died.
The header, exauhst , intercooler, ecu, and even the intake are all custom (on different levels). I will have to get my camera to put some pictures up.
right now the focus is on external motor and drivetrain. next year will be suspension and the internals of the motor.

AS of right now I plan on running Holbay (now closed) cylinder head setup, Cosworth pistons (I have), and Cosworth rods (need). most of the work will be done by myself.

The car is very different from the British or German versions.. since I am american and all. a different feel and all to it. not anything normally seen in Performance Fords.

TF