Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

Take a look at life 1963

Search this Thread

Old 25-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Lord Melbury
Can you cash a cheque?

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Take a look at life 1963

rather misty eyed through my rose tinted spectacles

Amazing how much & in a many ways, how little has changed. Back then the motorways were new & marvelous, the country had a vibrant go ahead feeling about it. Exciting times.

1964-

Last edited by Lord Melbury; 25-10-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 25-10-2014, 04:21 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Was a teenager then the time of my life. You cant compare now with then & it certainly is not the same, the 1960's were certainly better .
Best time ever to be young so glad I lived through that time. Must admit we all had hope for a great future & many of us made good over the next 25 years & cashed in during the Thatcher years. Then it descended into the world we see today where many of the young don't see a bright future.
Great to see the cars in the vids brings back memories of cruising up the then new M4 in the Healey as fast as we could go (no speed limit) for a weekend in London then straight to work on a Monday morning without a care in the world.
Old 25-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Ridgey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 120 Posts

Wish the Thelwall viaduct was that quiet now
Old 25-10-2014, 07:58 PM
mk1turboestate
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridgey
Wish the Thelwall viaduct was that quiet now
This.
Old 25-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Not a Hi Viz or Hard Hat in sight

The 60's has got to be the best time ever for a teenager ?
Old 25-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Cool vids. I like that most of the cars are Fords.
Old 25-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Lord Melbury
Can you cash a cheque?

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Chatting to daughter No1 the other evening about how things used to be in the good old days, when she posed the question "what in your opinion what was the greatest, most life changing advancement so far in your time?" Well, we've witnessed airliners losing their propellers to the jet engine, men going into space & ever deeper into the oceans, yet the thing which has made the largest impact on the world & the way we go about our daily lives has to be the internet, I recall a very dear friend (now sadly late) being somewhat of an American car enthusiast, as a result, when ever he required any spare parts it involved staying up all night & telephoning the United States, on a rather inferior line I might add, then having to post US dollars over, wrapped in carbon paper, hoping that the vendor was honest or the notes wouldn't be pilfered on the way over. Of course these days with the likes of online auction houses & internet shopping in general, not only can you find an overwhelming choice, but you can shop with minimal effort for the best deal, so you no longer have to settle for what you can get, you get what you want. As a consequence the world has shrunk, information can be exchanged instantly, friends can be made in far away lands without actually ever meeting them, it makes a world war scenario almost ridiculous, when you could very well end up shooting at your Facebook friends while messaging them on a mobile telephone.

An interesting fact presented to me by Daughter No1, is that there are so many people, of driving age, who cannot remember a time without the world wide web, so in effect their world is so much smaller than mine was from the off, but maybe an unfortunate side effect is that they are exposed to negative influences as well, so there are draw backs as well.

The 60's were great though,we had a lot of fun, the music was a bit radical for my parents & my record collection was impressive.

Sorry to ramble on, it's getting late, but the clocks go back, so the extra hour will be welcome.

Melbury.
Old 25-10-2014, 10:43 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinbad
The 60's has got to be the best time ever for a teenager ?
Yes that's the truth. National Service finished in 1958 & the teenager was born. No pressure to pass exams & jobs for all & no speed limit for the Petrol heads up to 1967. Long hair for the guys & very very short skirts for the girls. I often wonder at what point women were told they look better in Mr Men trousers & Doc Martins than high heels, black stockings & short skirts.
Old 25-10-2014, 11:08 PM
schonbacher
PassionFord Regular

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

love these look at life films! i downloaded most of em lol all filmed before my time so i find it facinating seeing how thngs i've always know being built like the motorways ect

it's like the country changed overnight!